Backroad, truck hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backroad, truck hunting pics

This saturday past, My Boys and I went out looking for a Power Wagon we heard about that was supposed to be sitting out in someones field. Well when we started looking and driving around all tyhe back roads we found on Power wagon, a 54 sweptline and 57 chevy 1/2 ton.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jake; 02-07-2006, 11:04 PM.

Jake:

Don't leave us hangin..... What's the deal on the PW?

Later
    Ugg

Comment

I spoke with the lady that ownes the peoperty and she took my number to pass on to the owner of the truck. Apparently he travels alot and is quite likily ready to sell the truck. That is as far as I got with that PW. There is 2 more in the same area that I am still looking for and I will let you know how that turns out.

Comment

This is another one that I am trying to buy, its located about an hour from my house.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great find! That's a 1/2ton Dodge WC. Is that a panel truck? Jump on it!...........John

Comment

John:

Don't ya just hate livin in the flatlands? It's so hard to find treasures like this around.

Later
            Ugg

Comment

I am working on the owner to sell this WC, He says that he is still using it to spread water on the roads around his campsite to keeep the dust under control. He also says that the campers enjoy watching the old truck driving around the site. He has the campground for sale and says the truck goes with the sale. We showed up last time with the trailer in tow and a pocket full of cash, but we left empty handed once again.
              I'll keep working on it however.

Comment

I found a WC-12 last year, here in Southern Illinois, but it was so far gone I had to cut it up for parts. Seems like all the good stuff is out west....John

Comment

Hey there Jake I am about an hour away from you in Kamloops and I too love hunting for these old treasures. I know there is 3 of them in Kamloops on the reserve in a lot and the guy seems to have been gathering them up to sell. Nothing too special or nearly as nice as the Blue one you have pictured but definately the most PW's I have ever personally seen in one place.

Comment

Hey Flatfender,
                    I would love to find out if this guy wants to part with any of these trucks, I am starting a ground up restoration on my 54 flatfender P.W. and I am looking for some rear fenders and some winch control levers etc. I would also be interested in buying more of these trucks.
                    Do you have a flatfender truck as well?

Comment

Hey there Jake

I'll PM you some contact info for the fellow who has a few Power Wagons here in Kamloops.....last I looked some were far better than others. I noticed some of them have been kinda butchered one was missing a crossmember and box and the other had been partially retro fitted with a different motor.

I talked briefly with him and he said he had more that he was going to bring into the lot but from what I gathered he was looking at selling them on Ebay ...if I understood right.

My father has owned a 49 PW for some 30 + years or so and it's in Kamloops too. As a matter of fact he was kicking around the idea of selling his 51 Marmon Harrington converted Ford 3 ton to possibly restore his PW. It's missing the origional box and has had a flat deck for the last 30 something years. I'll throw in a quick pic of ours and the 51 MH converted Ford just in case you know anyone who might be interested in the private message I'll send you .....I figured PM's might be best rather than have this guy immediately flooded with calls. If you'd like I can possibly sneak to the lot and grab you some pictures of what is still in their lot.

Let me know and I'm sure I'll be down in the neighborhood in the next couple days to see what he has left of the three he had last year.

Comment

That would be great, just the contact info would be greatly appreciated.
                        Do you have my email address?

Comment

Just sent you an email through the site Jake ...talk to you soon.

Comment

M37 on the Backroads

I was on the road in southern BC last week and snapped a picture of this M37 for anyone that might be interested. The phine number is on the windshield of the truck, I did not talk to the guy so I can't say what he is asking for it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is a pic of a truck that I found a couple of years ago at the Antler hotel in Chester California. The truck and the hotel have since been sold but he was still using the truck for snow removal when I talked with him.
                              He ended up selling the truck in Redding California so we may haer from the new owner one of these days.

Jake
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X