Steering wheel repair article ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel repair article ???

I've written several articles for the PWA and would like to write another one or two. Would anyone be interested in a story on how to repair the cracks in your steering wheel and make it look new again? It's a rather tedious job but I've done several now with success. Is there any other topic on Power Giants or Town Wagons I can help you with? More Power Giants are popping up lately so I get calls asking questions about them. I can share what I've learned over the past several years rebuilding them I just need to know what you want so read in the magazine. I will be covering recent builds and the latest on a 58 TW that I replaced the front floors and both complete body sides on so far. If you haven't subscribed to the PWA you should.

I endorse this message. :-)
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Sounds like one that would steer many of us in the right direction.
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

You punster.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Who, me? I'm only trying to be clear, concise and valid in my observations of the direction ahead.
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Definitely interested....!!!!!!!

Swapped this '58 wheel from a guy I know and it needs just a little TLC to look great.
            DP

Comment

Article is written, saved and sent in. Hope it helps in your restoration process.

Comment

Thanks, Ron. I was just thinking about this today while looking at the cracks in my steering wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S View Post
                  Thanks, Ron. I was just thinking about this today while looking at the cracks in my steering wheel...
                  No problem look for it in the PWA Not hard to do just tedious sanding like anything else.

Comment

Ron, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this article. I will be looking forward to it as I have to repair/restore my steering wheel. Just one of many projects with my PW. :)

Clark

Comment

Thanks Ron! I will utilize your article as well.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99xrXNf9T4

for anyone wanting a headstart on the article, here's a video of Stacey David restoring a cracked wheel as well. Pretty neat video and definitely a valuable topic for an article

Comment

Thanks for posting. Good info!

Comment

Any feedback?

Just wondering if my article in the PWA was of any help to those needing to restore their steering wheel? Gordon asked for pictures but honestly it would have been difficult to get them clear enough to see what's going on. I hope it helped and was easy enough to understand from the text. It's not really difficult to do this project but you should follow the steps to achieve good results.

Comment

Nice article! You bet it helps. I will be starting my steering wheel resto as soon as I receive my puller. LOL. Probably a week or so before I get it. Hope it comes off without too much of a fight.

Thanks for taking the time to write it. Thanks to Gordon for publishing it.

Clark

Comment

Working...
                              X