Welcome Andy!! And have fun!
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanogre View Post
      Welcome Andy!! And have fun!
      Thank you, I am really looking forward to this project. I would really like it to warm up outside so I can go look at some more Town wagons/panels. I am also looking forward to the rally down in Iowa this summer. I haven't been to it before, I didn't even know about it.

Comment

Andy, I attended my first Iowa rally in 2001 and make it my annual trip every year since. It's really a big family reunion atmosphere seeing friends you've made at past rallies as well as meeting new ones. You're only a stranger until you say your name and it's non stop Dodge trucks. Just the visit to VPW, the mecca for Dodge Power Wagons is worth the trip. The VPW staff goes out of their way to help get you what you need for your truck. The trail rides, the meals, teeter board, truck pull and the parade are all highlights. If you don't have a truck to bring there is always room to ride with some one else so just ask. See you at the rally. Word to the wise book a room NOW or you can camp out at the fairgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          Andy, I attended my first Iowa rally in 2001 and make it my annual trip every year since. It's really a big family reunion atmosphere seeing friends you've made at past rallies as well as meeting new ones. You're only a stranger until you say your name and it's non stop Dodge trucks. Just the visit to VPW, the mecca for Dodge Power Wagons is worth the trip. The VPW staff goes out of their way to help get you what you need for your truck. The trail rides, the meals, teeter board, truck pull and the parade are all highlights. If you don't have a truck to bring there is always room to ride with some one else so just ask. See you at the rally. Word to the wise book a room NOW or you can camp out at the fairgrounds.
          I see the rally is 4 days, are there any days a newbie like me shouldn't miss.

Comment

It's best NOT to miss Wednesday through Saturday if you want the full experience, trust me.

Comment

Town Wagon & Town Panel on CL [NY]

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4303317649.html

61 town wagon and a panel wagon with extra body panels and other parts. contact me with any questions. thanks scott 5182794530

Comment

found my town wagon project truck in Montana

I got one!!! On my way home with a '63 powerwagon town wagon. Found it in bozeman Montana, picked it up on the 4th of July! I'm hauling it home to Minnesota as I type. It is in pretty good shape, there will be more to come, I'm sure I will have many questions for all of you. But first, I've got to get home.
                Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Andy and looks like a good example. I'll be lurking and watching your progress. Take plenty of pics and it's nice to have a picture journal so you can look back. Let alone to remember where stuff is supposed to be! Kevin

Comment

Looks pretty sweet there Andy. I'll have to watch out at the Iowa rally from here on out. You'll be climbing hills with the rest of us before you know it. I know your plan is a Cummins and frame swap. Not to rain on your parade but give that some SERIOUS thought before you begin. The 6BT is way to long to fit and the axles are too wide. BUT if you are set on going that route good luck. I can help you with repairing the rear wheel arches when you're ready. I've had some experience you might say. Townies are fun I was out running around in mine today getting thumbs up and stares as I went down the road. Like Kevin said take plenty of pictures especially before shots of EVERYTHING. Bag and tag as you tear down. Sandwich bags and Sharpies are our friends trust me no matter how long it takes to do it. I've got some small parts too if you need something. Have fun

Comment

I've decided to keep this truck stock. I actually drove it today!!! First time its been on the road since 2003. I drained the fuel tank, blew out the line, replaced the filter, and rebuilt the carb and it fired right up. I also changed the oil, all the rubber hoses under the hood, thermostat, honed and rebuilt the master cylinder and then bled and adjusted the brakes. This thing is way cool.

Comment

Not wanting to say I told you so but I told you so LOL. Glad you got it running, now onto the cosmetics. Are you doing the bodywork? Coming off a major rebuild I can help with locating parts and advice on how to repair the body if you need help. Be ready for a lot of questions about your Townie from the locals. I've got this 58 almost ready to go home to Vegas as soon as the seats get finished. Have fun with your TW they are a blast.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I am going to do at least some of the body work. I never have really done any before. I also bought a 57 town panel that I am going to be putting on to the 91 Cummins 4X4 chassis. I have just the body of the 57. I think I am going to complete that project first, I am not as concerned about making the body perfect on that one so I think it would be a good one to TRY body work on first.

Comment

And by the way that Town Wagon looks sweet Ron.

Comment

Thanks Andy. Find yourself a pair of Utiline(stepside) fenders that have a decent lip to replace the wheel arches on your TW. I wrote an article several years ago on how to do that and could make a copy of it if you need it. A mig welder is your best friend if you own one of these trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                                Thanks Andy. Find yourself a pair of Utiline(stepside) fenders that have a decent lip to replace the wheel arches on your TW. I wrote an article several years ago on how to do that and could make a copy of it if you need it. A mig welder is your best friend if you own one of these trucks.
                                I have a line on a set of stepside fenders already, I actually would like to see the article on the repair you did. And I do have a mig. I am looking forward to working on my trucks. This darn working for a living sure cuts into my Townwagon time.

Comment

Working...
                                X