Clear All

norms Christmas greeting -- repeatedly

ditto...

clint... what you failed to realize is that MN's greeting

keeps repeating... and repeating... aand repeating

it's always Christmas in NAMILAND...

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
      I visit this Forum every few days to check for "New Posts". About every 2nd or 3rd visit, this particular thread shows up on the list as one containing a post that I have yet to read. I should have learned my lesson, but I fall for it each and every time. I click on "View First Unread", and there it is again, just like last time and the time before that: MoparNorm's post wishing me a Merry Christmas.

I really appreciate the good tidings and goodwill towards man, Jingle Bells and all that stuff, and nothing personal Norm, honest, really, but it is time that I put a stop to this. It has become sort of like the same old Christmas card being sent back and forth year after year.

So here’s to a belated “Happy New Year” as a fresh new unread post.
      I'm sure you have realized, that every time someone votes, you get the notice, whether the post changes or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
        I'm sure you have realized, that every time someone votes, you get the notice, whether the post changes or not.
        Now Norm. I know that can not possibly be true. Fess up, you are just so overflowing with holiday spirit that you continue to spread good tidings and joy throughout the year.

Hey, it sounds better than your explanation anyway. ;^)

(Kind of slow around here, snowed in today. Couldn't go to work. [I hate it when that happens]).

Comment

I am taking a day of vacation to work on the magazine. I have not tried to go out, so I can't say that I am snowed in, but we had a lot of snow, too, I think. It does not look bad from the window, looking over the top of my cup of cocoa....
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

You just long for your CAD terminal, you sick puppy....
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
              I am taking a day of vacation to work on the magazine. I have not tried to go out, so I can't say that I am snowed in, but we had a lot of snow, too, I think. It does not look bad from the window, looking over the top of my cup of cocoa....
              Playing hooky from work. I'm telling. My excuse is valid. I could not make it to work. Shoot, I couldn't even bring myself to turn the doorknob to the garage.......

Comment

Ha! Ha! You guys sound like me, two weeks ago when we had 5 days in 7 of rain and more rain. Not much can be done in outside construction when that happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                  Gordon and all,
                  This has been a very strange winter. Bad ice and snow in the mid-west, but here in the mid-atlantic states, we still have drought conditions, and record setting temperatures. ON Wednesday it reached 76! I've never seen that in my life in this area in early February.
                  To Norm, it is even harder to work outside when it is below freezing and wet...75 plus degrees in southern California with a little rain does not sound too onerous to me! ;)
                  Topic content, I am one of the holdouts for dark blue. THat is what my truck came with from the factory, and although I like red, I thought that there are already so many restored red power wagons I wanted to go blue. Plus, Marty in B.C. posted some beautiful pictures a few years ago of his dark blue WDX on the waterfront of Vancouver, B.C. A real stunner. So, I had PPG do a custom formulation to reproduce the original dark truck blue. Unfortunately the person did not write down the percent break down of the various colors for me to report here.
                  There are different ways for them to match color for you. The easiest way is to bring them some flat sheet metal of the original color for their spectro machine to analyze. It needs to be about a 2X2 inche piece at least. If you don't have that (I didn't) it takes a little longer for the corporate people to get the modern forumula.

Comment

That would be this one...

it's actually the last time I saw MoparTina, she jumped into his truck and they drove away into the sunset.....ha! ha!
                    As for rain, I'll have you know it was as cold as 50 degrees....= ) Either way, when you get 5-6 inches of rain in 12 hours you don't play with power tools or paint outside.....= )

Comment

Norm,
                      Thats it! Great shot.
                      I hope mine turns out as nice. It should, as although I have done much of the primer, I am going to have a pro down the street shoot the top coat in his spray booth this summer. I don't want to have a "problem" at this stage of the game.

Comment

I'm not kidding, she was in that truck all weekend...ha!ha!

Comment

;~p

We already knew that MoparTina has good/great taste. Guess she couldn't contain herself?

Comment

I know she has good taste in trucks...but Norm as a husband??? haha
                            BTW my '52 is over at the body and paint shop now. I hope to duplicate the look of the truck that Tina is in.
                            PPG mixed it up for me, they call it "Surf Blue" .
                            I did all the metal finishing and priming, etc., myself. A long job.

Comment

Twiddleing My Thumbs

How long we have to wait to view her?

Comment

When it comes back from the shop (October?) I will take a pic before assembly, and post it.
                                Hopefully they got the color close to right.

Comment

Working...
                                X