Backroad, truck hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake
    This is a pic of a truck that I found a couple of years ago at the Antler hotel in Chester California. The truck and the hotel have since been sold but he was still using the truck for snow removal when I talked with him.
    He ended up selling the truck in Redding California so we may haer from the new owner one of these days.

Jake
    That's fairly close to me... (Orland, Ca here)... And i'd love to see another older power wagon, of course, this is much more vintage than mine! I'd love to pick one up though.

Comment

I bought this one

We were out in Kamloops this past weekend and I bought the sheet metal shown here. The fenders are new, the hood is new as well as the sheet metal covering the rad. The cab and doors are 95% perfect. This will help make the 54 fargo go alot smoother.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ambulance

This ambulance was on the auction bloack and was purchased back by the owner for 450.00 CAN.
        Just not enough peaple at the auction that day, you could buy w200 trucks with pto winchs for 100.00 CAN.
        Attached Files

Comment

hey Jake

I was up looking at several PW in Kamloops about 2 summers ago . The owner of the yellow ambulance wanted 3200 for it and a cut up command car. He wanted 2000 for a bondo covered cab. I gather that one of the trucks was placed on a late model Ford 1 ton dually frame . It is being assembled in one of the yards in Kamloops . Raiders ? Not sure of the name of the place .
          I missed the truck that you bought . What did it cost yah ? The cab looks darn sweet. If you are floggin some parts please let me know . My passenger door was welded with a cutting torch.
          I am slowly building a WC53 down Sechelt way .

Take care

Bruce

Comment

Parts

Hey Bruce,
            Nice to hear from a fellow British Columbian. I have 4 sets of good doors at the moment, I also have alot of other parts that came with some of the parts trucks Ive aqcuired recently. If you give me a list of parts that you need I will see what I have to help you out.
            I am keeping an eye out for a winch and the split bumper for the front of my 56 Fargo.
            Attached Files

Comment

Jake:

You have good Carryall doors? They are different than PW doors. Midwest Military or Dennis Sherman both sell split bumper kits (for winches). Both are repo's.

Later
              Ugg

Comment

Hey Ugg,

I did not know that the doors are different on a WC53, thanks also for the info on split bumpers.
                I am also looking for a widow post mounted spot light for the current project.

Comment

I am a bit upset

The blue truck that you bought . The seller wanted 2 grand for . i figured it was worth what you paid for it . I would love to have got my hands on the command car and built it a new body.
                  That was some auction that you attended. I wish I new that it was going to happen.

The WC53 doors are the same as the ambulance . The top rear corner is square instead of rounded . I can modify the pickup door to fit my Carryall much faster than I can reskin the old doors that I have.
                  I am looking for some good doors , a window frame , a radiator and those little light things that stick out of the dash board.

I have a original post mounted spotlight that you can have . There must be some other stuff you need .

Take care

Bruce

Email me at godsolderbrother@yahoo.com and I will fire you off my phone number.
                  Last edited by Bruce in BC; 10-13-2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Bruce:

That's a good trick modding the PU doors. Can you explain how as the Carryall/Ambukance doors are getting harder to find.

Jake:

Take Bruce up on his offer. Unity makes new spots, but they aren't cheap. I find it hard to pay $700.00 for something I used to get free all the time.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

Hey Ugg and Bruce,
                      Do you have a link for Unity? Do they sell other parts as well?
                      I may have to make trip out to schelt to see you Bruce, maybe I can load up the parts you want and we can do some swapping or horse trading or even exchange some loonies if we have to.

Comment

Converting doors, There are 2 ways .

Cut the carryall upper door post out and weld it in to the newwer Dodge door .

Or metal form a new Corner . Pretty simple really . The doors are pretty much the same it is the corner skin that changes . I have yet to try it but considering the number of vehicles I have pieced together this job seems simple.
                        Knew a guy who had spent about 20 hours trying to fit a door . i dropped by and basically ran a piece of tape down the door edge , fired up the angle grinder , ground down to the tape and welded the edge back up.

A bit of filing and you would never know the door had been modified. Took about 2 hours max . the guy told me later " I just about puked when you did that , but it does look great "

Now do not tell me that carryall doors are 4 inches shorter than the pickup doors.

Got my 203 , now i need a 32 spline chev 205,

This is so fun .

Comment

Or versa visa jake.

I could do a bonzai run up your way. I have had the spot light for years . last time I saw it was this summer. Hidden in my shop. As long as my kid has not done something exploritory with it , I have at least 1 trade item . Cash works - i suspect I would be passing some your way.

If you had the dimensions for the split bumpers I would recommend making them your self. VPW is awesume , but the prices get kinda high by the time the part gets up this way.

It would be nice to get something lined up before the snow flys. Lets see what we can organize. Is the truck you looked at red with black fenders and sitting in a open doored steel shed . Part way east of Kamloops on the highway ?

Bruce

Comment

Jake:

Here's Unity's address. They're here in Chicago. http://www.unityusa.com . There's really no big price break buying direct from them, but ya may be able to locate those hard to find parts.

Bruce:

An illustrated step by step would be nice. Fortunately, the Beast's doors are still pretty good.

Later
                            Ugg

Comment

I will post pictures

if I get the doors. Otherwize i will post pictures of my old ones and what i have to do to get the skins off and back on .
                              i would rather just modify some decent doors.

take care

Bruce

Off to get fire wood.

Comment

Hey Bruce:

As they say in the old country, door skins is door skins. What I'd like to see is how ya turn the regular PW doors into ones for the Carryall/Ambulance. The corners is what I'd like to see. I mean, I can picture it in my mind's eye, but we all know how warped my mind is. HA! BTW, did ya get my email?

Later
                                Ugg

Comment

Working...
                                X