No announcement yet.

Restorable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the sugestions. i know there are a number of solutions. i was just tryin to avoid getting too involved if i could do somethin as easy as swapin' the pulley with a different one. anyway, i pulled the existing one out about a half inch and think it should work fine.

Comment

I replaced my old clutch recently with one from midwest military. the disc and pressure plate were smaller in diameter than the original ones, but fortunateley there was another set of bolt holes on the flywheel that worked for the new parts. Just curious if anyone knows why the flywheel was set up for these two different sizes and what the differences might be. I'm sure the larger clutch probably lasts a bit longer b/c the larger disc, but other than this is there any problem with running the smaller clutch on a 251? with such little power, i can't imagine that slippage would be a problem.

Comment

Such Little Power?

Originally posted by JReed View Post
        I replaced my old clutch recently with one from midwest military. the disc and pressure plate were smaller in diameter than the original ones, but fortunateley there was another set of bolt holes on the flywheel that worked for the new parts. Just curious if anyone knows why the flywheel was set up for these two different sizes and what the differences might be. I'm sure the larger clutch probably lasts a bit longer b/c the larger disc, but other than this is there any problem with running the smaller clutch on a 251? with such little power, i can't imagine that slippage would be a problem.
        Don't forget about foot pounds of torque.

Comment

looking nice

hey maybe by the time you need your bed i'll have the new stamped 3rd series finished. matt tisdale . ccsammy

Comment

Hey Joel
            I just noticed the thread on your truck. Thanks for taking the time to get me those wheels. I really do appreciate you going out of your way . Your truck looks great BTW. See you on the trail.
            Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              Hey Joel
              I just noticed the thread on your truck. Thanks for taking the time to get me those wheels. I really do appreciate you going out of your way . Your truck looks great BTW. See you on the trail.
              Ray
              no problem Ray. I was glad to get um' outa the way.

Comment

Pintle Hooks for PW?

I'm trying to find a pintle hook that will fit my truck and cover the rear pto exit. Does anyone know if there are any pintle hooks that will bolt right on without modification? Thanks.

Comment

Windshield frame?

Hey, I'd like some advice on the best or proper way to refinish the windshield frame? I want to powder coat mine for durability, but I don't know if that would narrow the glass channel too much. Anyone tried powder coating it? Thanks

Comment

Not Sure

I think it would work, not sure how much space you would loose?

Comment

Great pics and story so far JRead, but we have not seen any pics of where you got to with the machine... Did it ever get finished or still a work in progress?

We need pics man..

Greg

Comment

I had mine powder coated and my windshield guy urethaned the glass in, so I don't know how that affects the setting tape, but done this way seems to take away the concern of water laying in the channel. Doug

Comment

Powder coat shouldn't add much more thickness than a quality paint system would. My only concern with powder coat is in protecting the inside of the frame. Powder will be hard to push in there, and any liquid paint might be compromised by the heat of powder coat. If you try to coat it afterward you chance damaging the powder coat trying to clean up any leakage (and it will leak).

Maybe a high temp paint inside first, then powder coat? Something that won't mind the 400+ degrees that you have to bake it at.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys. I looked into urethane for setting and it looks like it might be a good way to go, not sure how easy it would be to unset down the road though if need be. I'll see what the powder coat guy says as far as being able to get coverage in the channel. Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of urethane over setting tape? Sounds like its more leak proof anyway...

Comment

Greg, no, not finished yet. Still got a ways to go. I was looking at some of my posts on here from five years back and apparently I thought I was pretty close, guess I was wrong. Anyway, I've just been moving on it when I have the time and money, and I don't have a lot of either. Been working on it more lately though. I'll get some pics up on here tonight and get things up to speed again.

Comment

Greg, no, not finished yet. Still got a ways to go. I was looking at some of my posts on here from five years back and apparently I thought I was pretty close, guess I was wrong. Anyway, I've just been moving on it when I have the time and money, and I don't have a lot of either. Been working on it more lately though. I'll get some pics up on here tonight and get things up to speed again.
                                Excellent. look forward to seeing them.

Greg.

Comment

Working...
                                X