Power Wagon Advertiser Forums Vintage Powerwagons Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine

Go Back   Power Wagon Advertiser Forums > CIVILIAN DODGE 4X4 TRUCKS > 1-Ton Power Wagon

Notices

1-Ton Power Wagon Dodge called it the General Purpose Power Wagon; 1946-1968 WDX-WM300, the civilian truck with the military look. Also has come to be known as the flat fender Power Wagon, abbreviated FFPW

Old 06-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
Matt Wilson
Subscriber

265 Flathead Connecting Rod Bolts

Hi All,

I am working on a 265 flathead to transplant into my '49 Power Wagon. I am running into concerns with the connecting rod bolts, though. Several of them are beat up, and one in particular has damage that is more than I am comfortable with.

So I'd like to ask you guys if you, or someone you know, might have a spare 265 rod bolt, or a few bolts, that you'd be willing to part with. I'd like to at least find one to replace the worst-looking of the bunch that I have.

You can see what they look like in the attached photos. The type I have is flat on top of the head, and the head has a little bump sticking off the side, where it fits into a recess in the rod, which keeps it from rotating when tightening or loosening the nut.

Any help would be appreciated. These bolts are unique to the 265, and I've exhausted a lot of resources, and found that these bolts are just not to be had.

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 265 Connecting Rod Bolt _1.jpg (35.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 265 Connecting Rod Bolt _2.jpg (23.7 KB, 61 views)
Matt Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
Matthew Welcher PWA
Administrator

I have seen that exact bolt in the 251 also, I just don't have more than 2 or possibly 4 used ones in the yard.
Matthew Welcher PWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Matt Wilson
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
I have seen that exact bolt in the 251 also, I just don't have more than 2 or possibly 4 used ones in the yard.
Interesting that you have seen that bolt in a 251. I was under the impression that they were unique to the 265. I wonder if it looked like a 251, but was actually converted to a 265 by someone. My 251 has bolts that are much different from the 265. They look more like the bolts you find in 230's and also like the ones in modern engines.

If you know where the used 265 bolts are in your yard, I wouldn't mind getting at least one, or preferably more than one of them.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Matthew Welcher PWA
Administrator

The camera on my phone is shot post Rally, it will take a bad fuzzy picture. I have maybe 10 of them I can come up with for you.
Matthew Welcher PWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Matt Wilson
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
The camera on my phone is shot post Rally, it will take a bad fuzzy picture. I have maybe 10 of them I can come up with for you.
That would be just fine. Not sure that I even need all 10, as some of mine do look ok, but if you can bear to part with them, I may take them all. That way, I can try to pick the best-looking ones from mine and yours.