New at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at this

Hi there i have a 1953 Dodge M-43 Air Force Ambulance that i have gotten running. but now i don't know what to do with it. it,s missing a lot of its original parts to go back to stock. The motor looks original but been converted to generator 12v in the 60's or 70's. All of it's black out light are gone and replace with street lights. Is this truck worth more stock or converted in the long run?

Good Question

But it's up to you, it can be a lot of work. I've been plugging away on my 53 for more than a decade, nearing completion, I think?

Comment

Thank You

Thank You i know it take a long time to get things going i guess i start by focus on the rust to stop it going any further. just keep her running right.

Comment

Wants/Needs

Have you done any assessment like that yet, after you do ask your ?'s here, most often your replies will be offers of said part, or a direction to look into.

There are plenty of dealers most really want to help and like talking Dodge trucks.

Comment

Assessment on the truck no i have not? Tell you the truth i really dont know how rare the 1953 Dodge M-43 Air Force Ambulance is. I don't want to start messing with a truck that might be really rare? I don,t have its title yet. i know everyone seem to have a M-37 or M-42. However how many M-43 are left? Is there a way to put picture up on this Forum?

Comment

To post a pic, I think you need to be a subscriber, however I've been wrong before, a link to your foto might be a better option?
            There are folks here that can tell you exactly how many were assembled each year of production, if you list your serial #, Kevin Clause might be able to do this for you?

Comment

Ok where the S/N there a tag on the dash, Firewall, or the frame. I really have not look for it because i don't have the title yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas M-43 View Post
                Assessment on the truck no i have not? Tell you the truth i really dont know how rare the 1953 Dodge M-43 Air Force Ambulance is. I don't want to start messing with a truck that might be really rare? I don,t have its title yet. i know everyone seem to have a M-37 or M-42. However how many M-43 are left? Is there a way to put picture up on this Forum?
                You can remote link to a photo hosting site if you are not subscriber.

See manage attachments button when you post.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas M-43 View Post
                  Ok where the S/N there a tag on the dash, Firewall, or the frame. I really have not look for it because i don't have the title yet.
                  Left side frame rail near steering gear.
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Found the S/N

Well I found S/N on the frame. 1953 Dodge M-43 Air Force Ambulance. The Numbers are 80258460. Is this a rare truck? Can any one help me?

Comment

Working...
                    X