Can I still say i am a Bow Tie Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still say i am a Bow Tie Guy

Well I have always been one of those "Bow Tie Guys" When I decided to go look for my first Military truck I was looking at a 2 1/2 GMC. By the time I got the money together I went back It had been sold.

I went looking and found this old ooking pickup truck from the 40's, But it had dodge on the tail gate. I bit the bullet and swallowed my pride and bought it hopping the rest of the Bow Tie Brigade wouldn't run me out of town.

It turned out to be an early WC-1 that someone had tried and failed to convert it from 6v to 12v. Never did get that one running before I sold it couple of years ago I think its some were in Iowa now.

The next one I found a couple of months later while "junk yarding" It had this crazy second set of rear axles on it, looked military, and wasn't to adly butchered had this boom on the front and a bomb hoist on the back. It turned out to be a WC-63 drove it for a while around Nebraska until the crack in the block finally gave way. Sold it to someone in North Carolina.

Buy now I was a little better on identifying military trucks. The next one was a M-43 ambulance, it had most of the parts on it. Next came two parts M-43 I trade for some Half track parts I had.

Then came three more ex-foresty service M43's for parts, A 68 w200 Air force ambulance, a 79 custom 200 crew cab, and a couple of other military things throw in for good measure.

After I tore up my back I just wanted to get rid of everything before I started working on it. Well I was able to sell the WC-1 and WC-63 they found homes with collectors. Two of the four parts M-43 went to a local guy who really like the looks of that old iron a couple of weeks ago.

But that's were my problem has started again. I had successfully detoxed my self from Power Wagon's. I had no desire to work or play with one. It had even made me slightly sick just to look at one. But this guy kept asking questions on how to change this and that on the M43 what can he do with this part and that part. When he came back the other day he wanted to buy one of the M-43 parts trucks. I said no I needed some the parts off of it to work on the one inside, to get it running.

My wife had her back turned to me, she turn her head and gave me that look "Here we go again!".

The only thing I could think of saying was "But dear If I get them running again they will sale for more and we can afford that SUV you've been wanting". Must have work a little, She gave me my keys back to the tool chest and said I could carefully roll it out to the shop.

Then I started to thinking well I have that custom 200 still and that w200 ambulance. I wonder how hard it would be to put W200 wheels and axles will under the custom 200 then put the
    ambulance box on the back of the custom 200? Or maybe put that custom 200 cab on a m43 frame?

I don't know If I should thank every one who looked at my web site and didn't buy my stuff or get angry and cuss them out and say see what they made me start doing again!!!

PS I finally did get that Bow Tie truck a number of years ago, Sold it a month later. Just didn't feel right when I was driving it.

Where are you located?...

There's just a few of us Nebraska Dodge Bros. out there, we need to stick together! I'm down in Lincoln, drop me a line (dsingsaas@hotmail.com) and maybe we can get together and talk trucks! I may be headed to a Mud-bog this Saturday in Carleton (south of York) with my M-37.

(I started out with bow-ties years ago, now I have this thing about old Dodge iron lately...)
    Dana

Comment

Hi dana

I am over at Hastings.

Right now I am trying to convince the wife.
      it would be nice and cheap to buy a 316 long block and put in
      my 79 dodge truck.

I don't have any M37's but I have a couple of M43's . I am
      thinking that one of the parts m43's will be donating it's axles,
      tranfer case, and shafts to the 79 in the future.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X