Steering Box Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Box Explosion

I removed my leaking steering box to put new seals in the other day, and when i reinstalled it and turned the wheel with the truck running, it blew out all its new seals. the only thing i can think of that could've caused this is when i had it apart all the ball bearings fell out and i had to put them back in. or if i switched the pressure hoses.... ill check on that. any ideas?

Originally posted by 2x1972 View Post
    I removed my leaking steering box to put new seals in the other day, and when i reinstalled it and turned the wheel with the truck running, it blew out all its new seals. the only thing i can think of that could've caused this is when i had it apart all the ball bearings fell out and i had to put them back in. or if i switched the pressure hoses.... ill check on that. any ideas?
    howdy / why did you take it all apart / all the seals can be changed with it in the truck under an hour with the right tools / if you did take it all apart then l,d scrap it and get another one new or used / l would not trust it now

Comment

Working...
    X