2006 2500 Body Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 2500 Body Parts

I have an opertunity to purchase a 2006 2500 ram 4x4 cummins. The problem is that is was in a hail storm at the dealer when it was new. I am looking for a good reliable place to find parts I need a hood, front fenders and the roof of the cab will need to be fixed. I was thinking of hanging the hood and fenders myself, and taking it to a body shop for the cab and paint. So if there is a good reasonably priced place to get parts please let me know. I think I would prefer to put on new parts.

how bad is bad

nj gets pea size hail every couple of years. I would leave the dimples and bank the saved money. any photos? how much does a dealer knock off for hail damage?

Comment

My 01 was in a hail storm and I took it in for an estimate,$3500 to repair it. A painless dent repair crew came to town and removed all the dents in one day for $1500 if I remember correctly. You cannot tell where the dents were since they work the dents out from the inside. Unless it's REALLY bad I'd try that route before buying sheet metal. As long as the paint isn't cracked they retain the factory paint.

Comment

Big dents in this truck had softball size hail paintless repair not going to work on this one, I have had that done before as well.

Comment

OK then the largest hail we've had was marble size which was bad enough. I would say a donor truck or a google parts search online would be your best bet. I don't know if the offshore places are making parts for your truck or not. Quality of those parts are always in question.

Comment

Yikes

no cowboy hat for me at this years Fairfield Iowa Power Wagon Rally. I'm wearing a hardhat!

Comment

Andrew they make cowboy hard hats too. Best of both worlds but then the sky is a different color in your world isn't it? LOL

Comment

LMC Truck in KS.

Will have some sheet metal.
                I know they have doors, hood, and fenders, as well as some patch panels.
                There parts are generally very good quality. Will be marked as nos or repro.
                Have bought from them in the past and was pleased.

http://www.lmctruck.com/

There web site can be a little hard to navigate,but you'll figure it out.
                TGP
                WDX & Misc. Pics.
                http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                "47" Dodge WDX WW
                "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                "54" Willys M38A1
                "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"