Front bumper on 2nd gen truck (2001) approx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper on 2nd gen truck (2001) approx

THe plastic fascia on the bottom that also wraps around the sides my front bumper has come loose at each end from the metal part of the bumper.
    Does anyone know of an easy way to reattach or fix this? I have thought of double sided tape but don't want it to look cheezy.

Swing by a body shop sometime, they'll have fasteners of some sort that will work.

Comment

I will do that, thanks.
      The main problem is that the plastic fascia has molded in projections or "studs" that go through holes in the metal bumper to hold it fast. These plastic studs break off with time.
      All this plastic on vehicles today is not like our old flat fendered PW's!

Comment

l used nice stainless headed 1/4 inch carrage bolts from Fastenal and put them all the way across on my 2001 RAM / l had a new bumper and the OLD plastic to deal with / l thought it came out nice / **** the wife liked it

Comment

3M weather stripping adhesive?
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

You could tie wire to the rectangular projections and attach a rod to the inside to hold it through the bumper. Also those plastic pieces are worth about $40 so it might be easier to change.

Comment

Working...
            X