Time to work on my own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank,

Real nice job so far....the attention to details really makes it stand out, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished truck also....keep it up!......

What type of coating is on the exhaust manifolds?.....Kevin

Comment

Pieter and I replaced the intake and exhaust manifolds on Stubby. We tore into it last night and got the old manifolds off only to find that we needed a few bolts. The 5/16" bolts between the intake and exhaust were broked off in the intake side. I had another intake so we used it rather than take the time now to extract the bolts. Tonight we got things bolted together and and in place again, no more bellowing exhaust! We then checked the timing which is right on but feel we need to overhaul the Carter carb. It stumbles just off idle but runs fine at speed.

Awaiting HemiBob who was out of town the last few days, to get the seat back. I can't wait to see it. A little more sanding on the rear bumper, primer and paint we'll be looking good.

I got the headliner painted for Terry's green 58 so it can go in tomorrow or Saturday. Also made a glove box liner and have it installed.

Comment

Where did you get the floor mats? How much> Are the same for 57 W100?
        Thank you

Comment

I got them from John Giedl at the Iowa rally. He has them on ebay if he hasn't sold out yet. Yes they will fit any 57-60 TW or PG. You have to trim the mat for the 59 -60 trucks with the internal steps. John goes by PowerwagonJohn on ebay. He's in MN

Comment

I have Stubby ready for Iowa after installing the rear bumper, recovered seat and overhauling the carb today. The bumper looks great, HemiBob did a super job on the seat(Kevin you should have taken me up on the deal) and I found a gasket shrunken out of place on the carb. Oh and I have a recovered arm rest too. The vinyl is as soft as leather and with new foam the seat sits very well now. I'll get pictures when I get out to Iowa. Terry's truck is ready to go home too with minor details cleaned up like a right rear mirror. I'm going to miss this truck but I have the Crispy Critter to replace it. But I still like Stubby's hanging pedals vs the 58's floorboard pedals. We load tomorrow night and head west Wed AM early. Hope we're not the only Power Giants.

Comment

Rally

Enjoy the rally. Wish were going to be there.

Comment

Kevin,
                It is a high temp powder coat that they guarntee it will stay on there and and not fade with heat. He told me that he baked it on at 2000 degrees. I guess I will see how well it works.

Comment

I guess I'll miss another one? Take lots of pics!

Comment

Working...
                  X