Needing CDN M37 trans or parts near Arctic circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing CDN M37 trans or parts near Arctic circle

A note from Bill Anthony, he is the author of the Living on the Edge series in PWA, covering his use at this time of a Dodge M37 near the arctic circle at Churchill, Manitoba. He is in transmission trouble and is needing to locate parts or a transmission hopefully in Canada.

See his text below:

The trans is a Cdn Acme T98 and the pto is a Cdn Acme 4867. The US parts won't interchange and your trucks used a New process 88950 in the older ones and a NP 420 in the later trucks and they use a smaller input shaft.

We pulled the trans. and found the bearings had failed in the reverse idler so it was loose on the shaft. To make matters worse the rollers got between the pto gear and broke the teeth on the gear.

Do you know any of your subscribers in Manitoba or nearby ( in Canada ) that might have either parts or a complete Cdn Acme T98? . There must be M37s or their counterparts somewhere in Manitoba, but I don't know anyone there.

If you have parts or transmission, or know of any available in Manitoba, Canada, send me a note at the contact us link below, or directly to Bill at graceslambs@hotmail.com.
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 01-11-2013, 09:47 AM.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

I never had a stock transmission in my M37cdn (and besides I live in BC)..I would suggest posting on Maple Leaf Up as there are likely some Manitoba guys on there

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/

Comment

Message relayed to sergeantmopar in Northern Ontario

I relayed Gord's message to my contact in Northern Ontario. Sergeantmopar knows the owner of about 10 M37s. As luck would have it, they would probably be CND models. Who knows. Might turn up something.

Comment

Originally posted by 318cu.in. View Post
        I relayed Gord's message to my contact in Northern Ontario. Sergeantmopar knows the owner of about 10 M37s. As luck would have it, they would probably be CND models. Who knows. Might turn up something.
        Great!

Comment

Acme Trans

Hi Gordon

As it happens I recently picked up a parts+ truck with an Acme. I'm located in Southern NH and would be happy to donate it if it's picked up or shipping costs are covered. I would need a lead time of a week or so in order to remove it.

Happy to help if I can.

Rod/NH Power Wagon

Comment

Let me inquire...

Comment

Originally posted by NH Power Wagon View Post
              Hi Gordon

As it happens I recently picked up a parts+ truck with an Acme. I'm located in Southern NH and would be happy to donate it if it's picked up or shipping costs are covered. I would need a lead time of a week or so in order to remove it.

Happy to help if I can.

Rod/NH Power Wagon
              I want to connect you and Bill via email. He is quite excited about your find. Please send me a note with your correct email.

Thank you,
              gordon

Comment

CDN Acme pto

Bill has been on a lengthy search for the illusive Acme PTO. If anyone actually has a spare Acme PTO they would like to part with, Bill could get his winch up and running again. When the transmission was damaged, the pto idler gear was broken and a replacement has been all but impossible to find. Bill uses his truck in the wilds around Churchill, Manitoba and the winch is mandatory for self recovery in the event of getting stuck. If anyone here has a spare Acme pto to fit the CDN trucks, I'm sure Gordon can get you in touch with Bill.

Thanks,

Jess

Comment

Working...
                X