1949 Power Wagon resto mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Well the passenger side is complete, now to do it all over again on the drivers side. Hope you all enjoy the photos

Comment

• Comment

• Is there any way to reduce the size of the pictures? They are too large to really see.
          Greg Coffin
          Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
          1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
          1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
          1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
          1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
          1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

• Picture size when hosted outside the PWA forum Site (in this case imgur.com) is determined by the user/poster.
            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

• How bout building me a set

Comment

• Originally posted by bilfman View Post
                How bout building me a set
                I started building these thinking Matt’s were unreasonably expensive, they aren’t. It will only cost be $150 in materials but I have 25hrs into the box so far and still have another side to do. Those little middle stake pockets take nearly 3hrs a piece.

So what im saying is, it’s cheaper to buy from Matt then what I would have to charge. I will gladly share dimensions and any other details you need to build your own though

Comment

• Yeah my box is pretty trashed, one day will need a rebuild. You from sask Gyman?

Comment

• Originally posted by bilfman View Post
                    Yeah my box is pretty trashed, one day will need a rebuild. You from sask Gyman?
                    Yes, we’ve talked before. Particularly about the truck sitting in Opheim

Comment

• Thanks for posting these pictures. I'm getting ready to build a 10ft WDX be for my 6x6 Power Wagon, and you've given me some good ideas. I'll probably end up making the bed sides and buying as many parts as I can, such as headboard, tailgate and stake pockets.
                      Greg Coffin
                      Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
                      1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
                      1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
                      1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
                      1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
                      1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

• 82B8E11D-17E7-4D98-826E-A3F5D23C3097.jpegEB9130BA-22A4-4976-8AAA-0139597CD69C.jpeg Got the Drivers boxside well underway, All the stake pockets are fabbed and everything is fitted. Now just to weld it all together. Seam sealed the underside of the cab as well. Will coat it in a few days

Comment

• The box is starting to look like some thing now 71A521A1-4A27-4D3E-B938-5A0D542A37E4.jpeg18F44169-127F-40E4-90FC-2A1ECE8009CF.jpeg05443F04-C95B-43D6-A124-BE472A4663D7.jpeg

Comment

• Looking great and your attention to details is even better. I appreciate your photos.

Comment

• gyman98
                              gyman98 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Todd, I’m glad you enjoy them. I like to document the process to review when I need some inspiration.

I really enjoy following your thread as well, beautiful work

• What’s going in the hole in the bed? Maybe a gooseneck hitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy Horvath View Post
                              What’s going in the hole in the bed? Maybe a gooseneck hitch?
                              Yes, I used a turnover ball and made a hitch. Here’s a photo

7C7E6580-38D8-4C11-9E4A-B02FF788793C.jpeg

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
                                Matthew Welcher PWA commented
                                Editing a comment
                                How much of your frame is boxed, and how did you choose to box it and where?

• gyman98
                                gyman98 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I boxed it from front to back except where the winch bumper extensions slide in and where the rear crossmember braces come ahead.
                            Working...
                            X