1949 Power Wagon resto mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Dads been helping me for a couple days now so we've made some good progress, also got the transfer case tore down and rebuilt. Anyone seen that clip in the magnetic dish before? It was stuck on a magnet inside the transfer case.

The cab has been sliced and diced to clearance the engine, front rad surround required quite a few mods to fit in and clear the engine. Over all it's turning out really well, fit the hood and all the gaps but one look real nice

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

That clip is for holding the magnet put inside the transfer case. Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
                That clip is for holding the magnet put inside the transfer case. Doug
                Thanks Doug!

Comment

Well doesn't look like much progress but it took me quite a while, the floor from the seat forward and nearly all the fire wall is done. Tomorrow I'll try and get the transfer case installed so I can finish up the floor then start welding it all together

Comment

Hey gyman98, what are your axles, springs and steering components from u r using? Great work by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyweld View Post
                      Hey gyman98, what are your axles, springs and steering components from u r using? Great work by the way!
                      Thank you, the axles are from a 1992 dodge w350, springs are ford superduty parabolics and the steering box is a ford Saginaw box

Comment

Not a whole lot of visual progress but a bit of progress regardless. Test fit the transfer case then removed and finished the floor. Set the valves in the engine while the cab was off. Modified a advance adapters 4wd shifter bracket just need to build a new shifter now. Started test fitting the seats. Finished the rear air bags. Lots of loose ends to tie up still

Wanted to buy new box sides from tisdale coach works but they are just to far out of my budget so with my newly learned sheet metal skills (?) I'm going to try and build new sides.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Been hammering away on little the power wagon whenever I get a free moment. Gave my buddy some bud light to use his large computerized brake and shear and got the box sides bent into shape. Need to cut and bend the wheel openings yet as well as put the pipe on top. Also sheared the pieces needed to bend the stake pockets up which I can do on my brake. Finished the 4wd shifter and cut the floor open for that. Made a centre console modelled after a Tuffy Jeep model I found online.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X