No announcement yet.

Tranny R&R questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly from the one Auto I rebuilt, the kick down bell crank is a "D" shape not a through hole. So drilling it out might have allowed you to incorrectly clock it and thus resulting in the problem?
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Found a picture of my Valve Body, yes it's a "D" shaped Shaft.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

if you email me [ its below ] l,ll share with you the ATSG 727 repair an rebuild manual on PDF file

Comment

Correct, it is "D" shaped. That went back fine, it's the hole on the opposite end that was too small (barely) for the connecting rod so I drilled it out. Sorry for the confusion. The one off my old transmission wouldn't slip onto the "new" transmission though. I made sure they were clocked the same though. That's what's got me wondering if maybe the linkage is slightly different and longer. If I could only find where I put it...

Dodgeboys, I'll email you as that information could be real handy.

On the other end of the spectrum, I finally got my '92 Cummins back from the local tranny speed shop after 3 months. Rear bearing grenaded in the tailhousing. While it was there they completely rebuilt it, new bands, shift kit, low stall converter and upgraded flex plate etc. Good news is he had it so long and felt guilty so only charged me costs on all the new parts. Bad news is I still had to take out a home equity loan...

Sure is nice to have the 1st gen back though. And man what a difference!
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Big shoutout to Dodgeboys for sharing the manual. I can really troubleshoot now!
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

you can also share it with anybody else or they can contact me and l,ll send it to them

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
                Isn't that one of the best parts of owning an old truck, you will never be finished with it, and whenever you repair another piece, find an additional piece of the truck puzzle, it only adds to the smiles per mile factor.

Grampa always said owning an old truck will make you a better mechanic..

Comment

There must have been a slight difference in the linkages or I bent mine in the R&R because if I unhook it and tie the lever forward everything shifts just right going up. I'll fiddle with the linkage some more.
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
                  X