Playing with a WC52 and fab work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with a WC52 and fab work

Picked up a super rough WC52. Bought it for the combat rims as the motor was stuck but with a little work, I got it running again. Had the winch but was missing all the brackets and lever so I decided to try to make them. I'm NOT restoring this but thought it would be neat to get it somewhat functional. At least I can move it around now under it's own power! LOL Check out some of the mods this poor thing has had done to it. Motor traces back to a 6x6 by the serial number.

I add to the album linked below as I get things done. Just a spare time thing so it will be slow. If you like fab work stuff you might enjoy it. Let me know.

http://imageevent.com/kevininohio/19...0&m=24&w=0&p=0

Got all the missing pieces done for the winch. Happy with the results.

Comment

As always Kevin, Beautiful work.
      Thank you for sharing, how did you go about manufacturing the knob and fork?
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Fill us in Kevin

You made new parts. Beside them are pictures of old parts. Are the old parts good ones and you used them to make copies or are they worn out or damaged in some way that the old parts could not be repaired.
        Also what are your new parts made from and what did you do to create them? Are they welded and ground or milled out of solid blocks? I think many of us would be interested in these details...

take care
        Bruce

Comment

Bruce and Matthew,
          Click on this link and you can see the whole step by step:

http://imageevent.com/kevininohio/19...0&m=24&w=0&p=0

The old parts are off my 1961 WM300's MU2 winch. I use them to copy it all. They are wore as you say so in time, when I get to restoring the '61, I'll use the stuff I made and put the original stuff on the WC52.

It was a small project to get me back going after being down for a while. The parts would have cost around $400.00 from what I saw on Ebay and with the hours involved would have been cheaper but I wanted to do it. Made mostly from bits and pieces I had here.

Comment

Got it all installed and back together. Adjusted the drag spring some but works great now.

Locks in both positions as it should and will make for easy unspooling when needed.

Quick mounted a set of bucket seats down to make it easier to move around. That and a lot more comfortable. I'll keep adding to the album as I do things. End goal is to just have a usable piece that can be moved easily.

Comment

Decided to weld up the messed up exhaust/intake manifold today. Had several issues that puzzle me. I'd be interested to see what you guys think about what happened and what would cause it. the link to the album is in the above post and it starts about pic 256. here is one of the repairs.

Comment

Working...
              X