More Information On My D200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Information On My D200

Hi guys, recently joined and am not terribly knowledgeable when it comes to old Dodge trucks....no matter how much research I do I cannot find ANYTHING detailed about my truck. If you google search "1959 Dodge D200" there is no information other than a few guys showing pictures of theirs. Any other info or help would be amazing: how many did they make, etc

The VIN is
    M6D2L12...

M = Year (1959)
    6 = Flathead 6 Engine

D = 2 Wheel Drive
    2 = ?

L = Light Duty

Comment

Welcome to our little group. That's a good looking truck over all. As you already know it's a 230 flathead 6 with a 3 speed transmission carrying 4:10 gears in the rear axle. As for production numbers it's an educated guess since actual factory numbers aren't available. Napa and some of the box stores will have most of your mechanical parts needs. I own a 59 W200 which is 4 wheel drive and I also restore this series of trucks commonly known as Power Giants. They are fun to own and drive in my opinion. Any problems or questions feel free to ask we don't bite.

Comment

This should help. Scroll down to your year and model. According to Eric's site,
        2 = 3/4 ton

http://www.townwagon.com/pgpws/pgw200/vinw200.htm
        John

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! Glad to be a part of the site. That link the Townwagon site is amazingly helpful, looks like they made 3,299 Flat Six D200s. Looking forward to learning alot more as I read through the forums...

Comment

Working...
          X