WC53 Wood Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC53 Wood Floor

Anyone out there can give insight on installing rear wood floor on my WC-53, I'm at that point in my resto where I need to decide how to proceed with the carpentry. Unfortunately all the wood was gone on my truck and I am having trouble finding any plans or enlightening info on the rear floor/install, unlike the roof which has descent info avail.

Any help from forum members is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 07-04-2016, 05:40 PM. Reason: Correction

Carryall wood

URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/James_McNeill/media/image_zpsoenyydxn.jpeg.html][/URL]

Here are some pictures of my old wood. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the quick chime in. Looks like they laminated smaller strips together to come up with 6" or so boards. I noticed on the wood surrounds for the windows that those appeared to perhaps have be made from recycled shipping pallets in as much as you could see what appeared to be impressions from metal banding and nail holes. May just have been from shipping the wood as well.

Comment

Pallets?

I suppose you could use used pallets, but I highly doubt Dodge did. Some of the boards looks like they laminated them, but there tounge and grooved. Also there were some wider boards that split perfectly, making them look laminated.

I do believe Dodge used whatever wood they had on hand, and the methods of making wider boards, was craftsmanship not lamination.

Comment

When I was referring to pallets I was talking about the strips that surround the windows no the floors. As afar as the floors go I did one a guy did using 3/4 plywood, which one the strips went down on it looked good, but I wonder about the strength where the seat keyholes are at.

Comment

Mine looked to have been strips of quarter sawn white oak of varying widths,rot and tar

Comment

Carryall Floor

I recently installed my WC53 floor using nine pieces of 1x8 finish oak. I deep biscuited and joined with glue three pieces together ending up with three 21 1/2" planks to get the floor as close to original as possible. All of the original floors I have taken apart have been random width tongue and groove that was glued on the edge when new due to the tongue and groove being very shallow.
              Using a straight edge lengthwise in the center of the vehicle I measured every inch to the outside to make a pattern for the floor edge.
              If I can figure out how to post photos I can show some detail if you would like.

Comment

You can change that wood floor. It is weird. Otherwise you can have floor pannel.

Comment

Working...
                X