A little Dodge history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Dodge history

I got hooked on Dodges back in 1974 when I got my first one, a 64 330 with a slant 6 witha 3 speed radio delete. prior to that I had only driven furds and chebbies as that is what my dad bought. However the first vehicle I ever drove was a 68 Plymouth Fury III in driver's ed.
    Anyway like I said my dad only bought furds and chebbies when I was a kid, anyway I got the 64 Dodge for cheap because it was a mill car(the guy who had it bought it new to drive to the steel mill) by the time I got it the body and frame were trash but like alll slant 6's it ran like a top
    I noticed that unlike the brand x crap my dad had the Dodge never needed to be worked on much.
    In 1975 I was in the market for my first new car(I didn't have a truck till 1988 when I bought my D100 new) I bought a Dodge Coronet, In 79 I bought an Aspen wagon, in 88 I bought my first truck, the D100, In 91 I bought a Spirit which is still the best car I have ever had, In 98 my now ex HAD to have a Lumina because her dad had one and what was good enough for dad was good enough for her, Me,I never wanted what my dad had-by then he only had furds, he had given up on chebbies, so I got pushed into that,Beside that the Dodge dealers weren't interested in dealing. In 2005 she left and took the Chebby with her,(I'm glad to be rid of both of them!) In June of 2004 I got my 69 D100 which I recently sold, and in July 2006 I got a Caliber SXT which is no doubt the only Dodge that I have not been happy owning.
    Other than the last 2 vehicles I have bought I was really happy with everything else I had bought.
    I will be getting my 1983 D150 Royal on March 27th, It has a lwb utiline bed and has full power, air, cruise, a tilt sport steering wheel, and an AM/FM stereo radio, a 318 with a 2 barrel Holley and a 727 tranny with a 2.95 rear end. I will be only the third owner of this truck and I know that I am happiest when driving a Dodge as I have never tried any of the other Mopar Brands bt I am sure they would be the same. However My signature on here says it all! (I'd rather push a Dodge, than drive a chebby, furd , or ricer)
    Being as interested as I am with Dodge History and reading some of the other stories of how the rest of you got started with your Dodges, I can only say that John and Horace Dodge would certainly be pleased with all of you!
    DB69

Great story, thanks for sharing it! I see you've got it bad, and no cure for it but the new truck.

That is one heck of a rare & unique truck you're buying!!! NEVER heard of those options on an 80's D-150 Ute, gotta be one-of-one for sure. Sounds like a truly awesome combination, miles & miles of happiness. I love utility beds, don't know why, just do. So practical and I think they look cool too. Enjoy it buddy!

Comment

I'm sure glad to be driving an old Dodge truck again!, I only hope that we will all be able to continue to buy and drive Dodge Trucks both New and used whichever our preferences are
      DB69

Comment

Working...
      X