1956 Fargo Progress Report / Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous...

Here is the home built box sides actually mounted on the frame, those sculpted stake pockets are absolutely gorgeous!
    Attached Files

Comment

Spare tire location ?

What are your plans for your spare tire location ?

bruce

Comment

Spare Tire

I will be mounting the spare in the same way the original tire was mounted.
        At the front passenger side of the box.

Comment

Patience is a virtue...

I am on hold as far as working on the truck for another week, My oldest son is rebuilding the engine on his Honda Civic and his parts take up more room that you might think.
          I picked up a couple of project cars in the meantime and was able to do some clean up and storage prep on them so I can store them outside under a tarp.
          I bought the 56 Windsor a week before I found the 1960 Saratoga, I may sell the Windsor and when the Fargo is done I'll start on the Saratoga.
          Attached Files

Comment

The 56 would probably be more popular than the 60 but both are fun vehicles, but then I'm kind of biased.

I've got a decent number of parts sources if you have trouble finding certain things, including a nice disk brake conversion setup. Good luck!

Comment

I once had a 60 De Soto Fireflight (361 pushbutton), almost identical to that Saratoga. Remember a new drag link cost $275 + $100 core. I installed front discs off a 70's F-body, new carpet, then lost interest/funds & wound up selling it for basically nothing. Live/learn

Comment

I am getting the rust holes filled in the rear fenders and also trying to get the tailgate straight.'ll post pics soon.

Comment

Working...
                X