1956 Fargo Progress Report / Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick,

I had it sand blasted and with out the springs or any other item. the only parts left were riveted together, any thing that would unbolt was removed. I have one place on the frame, that I can only describe as smooth and clean, that the POR came off of. The area seems to have never rusted, and smooth steel, no surface roughing from the blasting.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Jake have you got the April issue yet ?

pretty cool looking carryall in there . I want to see more pictures of that puppy .

later

Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce,
        I haven't got my copy yet, I should have it when I get back from my road trip to Oregon. I am leaving here in about ten minutes and should be back Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing it as always, It's a great publication.
        I have a couple of stops to make in Tillamook OR and I need to stop by an electronics store for a few few items etc.

Comment

I finally broke the dry spell of no shop time, this afternoon I skipped out of the office and tacked together the sculpted stake pockets for the second series bed I am building.
          Attached Files

Comment

2nd Series Bed

The bed is coming together finally, the only problem now is that those excellent rear fenders are first series fenders and do not fit my second series home built bed.
            arghh!!
            Attached Files

Comment

On second thought I am wondering if I need to cut out some material on the inner fender piace to make room for the fender mount?
              Could it be that these fenders are all the same?

Comment

Hi Jake,
                Your original hunch was correct. Second and third series beds share the same fender, firsts are different. The second series fender will have a lip around the inside to bolt to the bed side, in other words, the bolts will be horizontal, as opposed to radial like the first series. Hope that makes sense.
                Tim
                57 Power Wagon
                Numerous Power Wagon parts trucks!
                57 W-100
                60 W-100
                51 M37
                61 Triumph TR-3A
                80 Triumph Spitfire
                09 Dodge Ram 2500HD
                05 Subaru Outback
                10 speed bike
                Hiking Boots

Sumus quod sumus

Comment

Thanks Tim,
                  I think in that case I have a second series set of fenders, what I need to do is cut away part of the lower rear inner fender to allow the mount to pass thruogh. I am grafting in the inner fenders from a 9' fifties 1.5 ton from what I was told.
                  The rear fenders are in great condition so hopefully they will work for me.

Comment

Looks very good jake

I will be back at mine this week . I was at the swap meet yesterday . Not much but one guy had a 50 windshield that was a total piece of poop . He was asking 500 bucks " You should see what these go for on ebay" was his comment . He was not very bright either . Kind of like stripping down your 300 lb wife and expecting to get 250 grand for the pictures. "You should see what playboy pays pictures of naked ladies "
                    I did get a couple of NS taps for 7.50 each . Of course they are not the size I need .

gotta go hiking

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce,
                      Those are kind words coming from a Pro like yourself.
                      I have the fenders fitting now, my next question is about the brace that is bolted onto the inside top of the fender. My hunch is that this bracket was designed to brace the fender on the cab chassis model with rear fenders. If anyone here can confirm that or tell me the real story please do.

Comment

Does anyone know if I can purchase the cross members for the bed of this 56 Fargo? If so where or who sells them?
                        Thanks
                        Jake

Comment

The snow has arrived

Well the snow is here and its time to start workinng on the truck again.
                          I'll post a few more pics as I see some progress on the box build.

Comment

I remember looking at a FargoPower Wagon in Kelowna about 10-12 years ago,parked in a compound Close to the North end of town.Any chance that is your truck?

Comment

I bought a few trucks from Kelowna, however the Fargo I'm rebuilding came from Salmon Arm.
                              The picture shows the truck as purchased, I drove it into the shop and it's been there ever since.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I finally got back into the shop and picked up some tools again, I am amazed at how much I did not know about 2nd series boxes before starting on this project.
                                My advice to any one considering buildeng one from scratch: Go buy one and fix it up it will take less time and cost less in the end.
                                Having said that the rewards are definitely there when I see this box taking shape and actually resembling a 2nd series Power Wagon box.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X