1956 Fargo Progress Report / Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Fargo Progress Report / Pics

I cleaned out my shop this last weekend and sprayed the frame with the garden hose while I was at it.
    I have'nt had time to work on the truck since last spring but hope to have it show ready by the summer of 2008.
    I'm still debating weather to change the color or keep it as you see it on the wheels.
    Any comments are more than welcome in regards to the color.

By the way here is the picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice work - mine looks like that only its rusty and needs paint. What kind of primer/paint did you use? I really like the color myself.

Comment

I used the POR-15 flat black on the freshly sand blasted frame.
        That paint is expensive but very strong.

Comment

How much paint did it take? how many coats? spray or brush? Im just very close to this step myself and wondering.

Comment

I talked with the guy that sandblasted the frame and he said to use a brush with POR-15 for two reasons, first it's allot safer because of decreased fumes, secondly the paint levels itself out and actually looks sprayed on in the end.
            I have never before used a brush on any part of any vehicle and was quite surprised to find that he was right, it actually looks like I sprayed the paint it's that smooth.
            He also recommended applying the paint as soon as you can after sandblasting.
            I also found out, the paint extracts any moisture out of the metal as it drys.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Andrew,
              ti paint this frame took 4/4's of a gallon, that includes the axles, springs and drive line.

Comment

Make that 3/4's of a gallon. :)

Comment

I also brushed on the POR-15 and was surprised how smooth the finish was. Looked like a spray job and with proper surface prep sticks great.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                  1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                  1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                  1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                  2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Nice work W A
                    I;ve got a ways togoto get mine as far as you have yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      Make that 3/4's of a gallon. :)
                      No primer - just apply after surface prep? What is the cost of a gallon - give or take? Looks great - how tough is this product? Any durability issues?

Comment

Hi Counciller
                        No Primer required,
                        Just make sure the surface is sand blasted or cleaned very well.
                        I paid about 150.00 for the gallon. It's hard to re-open the lid of the can once it has dried paint on it, you have to cut the can open it's that strong.

Hey W A,
                        Did you use the gloss paint?

Comment

Whats this?

Hello.

Nice work on the frame!. I hope I can find the time to paint my frame now since I got the paint today!.

I have used a self etching primer and the paint is an industrial 2-component epoxy paint with the name "Temacoat RM40". I´m told that its supposed to be very strong but I`m not an expert...

I have a question,What is this ? (in the red square...). Is it a support for anything or?

Regards:

//Mattias
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great jake

perhaps we can get the carryall and your PW together next summer.

man am I bogged down with work . And of Course my trannie in my bush truck just digested itself. That will be 2 weeks away from the carryall.

Comment

Great Idea Bruce,
                              Maybe we can put a western Canadian Power Wagon Reunion together?
                              Vernon sounds good to me. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X