1956 Power Wagon tel-e-lect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Waak View Post
    That looks to be a very nice, original, find. Congratulations! I love the patina. What are your plans for it?
    I will probably be shunned for even saying this but part of me wants to remove the telephone apparatus and install a flatbed or original style bed as I would have more use for the truck in that form without the drill and such.

I will probably end up leaving it as is being its probably a somewhat rare unit. Plan would be to get it running, driving, stopping and repair some minor cosmetic issues and that's about it.

Jeremy

Comment

It's your truck, do as you want. But, that was my first impression: a mechanical refresh, and leave the rest alone. It is gorgeous.
      John

Comment

This was on ebay a few weeks ago and I figured I better purchase it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yep, it's your truck to do with as you please. With that said I will recommend leaving or restoring as is because it is a rare unit. Get it running and driving and sell it, buy a more generic truck to modify as you please. That is a very, very capable Power Wagon hauler by the way. I hope to have a similar rig some day. I learned to love the B model Macks back in the mid 70's. I drove over-the-road for an outfit that restored B model Macks to haul coal. They were the only truck that could hold up. Sold them as fast as they could get them finished.

Comment

For sitting 30 years the body looks to be in excellent condition. Let us know how the project goes.

Love the B Model Macks, and twin screws to boot. I have one on my wish list.
            Greg Coffin
            Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
            1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
            1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
            1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
            1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
            1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

Working...
            X