How I started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I started

Put a free add looking for a Old Power Wagon on our Radio Station in town. I have allways wanted one since 1972 when I got back from Vietnam. Got a call from a guy he had one takin apart but it was for sale. Went out and looked at it and asked where is the rest of it?? That is when the fun began. He had parts all over the place we had to collect up. I did not even know what it took to have a complete truck. I ended up with several different types of truck parts in the process. I think he was cleaning up the place. Then when I got it home I started strippng it the rest of the way to the frame cleaning up the parts as I went. It was like a frenzy to get it finished for the PW Rally in Idaho (Which I did in about 4 months) I would start to think I had it all and another part would be missing, this went on up to the end! Even the day I put the cab on I found out that hole in the transmission cover was for the gas pedal linkage I filled in so nicely! Had to drill it back out again. The day did come that it was ready for the road and I went for my first drive in a PW. I was worried some because I had taken every nut bolt and screw off this truck and put it back together again. But it ran, since then I have put allmost 900 miles on it and no problems!! The next one I build will be a lot slower to do. 4 months is a real push to finish a off frame re/do. But I learned a lot dong it and had a lot of fun in the process. Mark H.
Working...
X