Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Nice, get on it!! AND POST PICS OF EM! lol
    Took me a while to find this pic, hope it was worth the wait? BTW, before Kurt, this M-37 belonged to Brigand!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kodiak2 View Post
      Nick,
      I have some combat rims you or anyone else can have for free if you're willing to pay shipping from Alaska
      Hi Kodiak, any luck on shipping costs? and how many do you have?

Comment

factory 1952 Budd wheel

No bodys got pics of their truck or someone else's wearin combat rims??
        I used Procomp 35/16 radials, radial tubes and flaps. Did not have time to powder coat, so I cut the old 900 tires off with a sawzall and mounted the split rims myself. I sanded and used appliance epoxy paint, black with gun metal rings. Stock engine so no danger of balance issues below 45 mph. Just remember to place tne split opposite the valve stem to help it balance. Does not appear that I can upload an image, email and I will send one.

Comment

No bodys got pics of their truck or someone else's wearin combat rims??
          Nick, I know you've seen mine, just thought I'd post for others that may be interested. Krylon camo ultra flat khaki on the rims, Krylon camo ultra flat black on the nuts and bolts. All from Wal-Mart. Same paint on the radiator shroud.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice color combo, looks great together. Which hubs are you using, can't see 'em well enough?

Comment

Warn M13 lockouts. I reconditioned them and painted them black.

Comment

Very nice Clark, cant wait to see the whole truck in that color!

Comment

rims

I have 5 combat rims you or anyone else can have for free. Problem is, I live in Alaska.

Comment

I bought, or will have bought when I get off duty, four locally.

Thanks

Comment

Well, after 48 days on duty, I was FINALLY able to get some time off and spend some of the money Ive been making.

FINALLY got the set of combats I been lookin for!!! and to top it off, got a centered rear axle and disc brake conversion kit. That was today, yesterday I got a complete set of 4.89 third members, soon as I get the axle gaskets from VPW I will install the rear one an take it for a ride to see how much faster I can go, lol

Off to the blaster tomorrow to get em blasted and see bout gettin em painted to match the truck!! So excited!!!

Comment

We understand!
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Excellent! Can't wait to see pics.

Comment

Got three combats back from the blaster today. I was going to take the spare off the trailer and swap it out so I can play with the colors combinations Im thinking of.

I learned to put the split ring rims together at the Hollister rally a few years back. How does one take the split ring rims APART?? Can it be done without a tire machine?? I tried taking the ring off and did nothing but fight it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
                            Nick

Comment

Hey Clark, when you painted the nuts and bolts for the rings, did you touch them up after you impacted them on? I put two rims together the last few days and after impacting them on, it sure did a number on the paint on the nuts.

Just curious how you did it

Nick

Comment

Hey Nick,

Nope, I didn't touch mine up... yet. I did a number on mine too. I can see why the military goes for one color, much easier to keep touched up! Actually, I may not touch mine up and keep the "rugged" look.

If I do touch them up, I'll just use a small model brush.

Clark

Comment

Working...
                                X