Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie..and my story...

Hello all, Newbie here on the site.

Hope to be picking up a mid 80's crew cab, cummins conversion. So will be searching the site for answers, as well as asking, and trying to contribute where I can.

So how did I become a mopar man....well it actually started around age 16 with a 66 Ford Falcon Futura 2dr, and a rear ender by a 78 Chevy Caprice. I was making a left across traffic and the guy in the chevy was busy looking at a garage sale, he hit me doing 50 MPH, I was at a dead stop. Needless to say the back end of the Falcon caved.

So since I had been into old cars for many years, Grandfather was a mechanic in WWII and was always wrenching while we grew up on there farm. So anyway I was without an old car to drive, BUT I had spotted a Hemi orange 69 charger years before. Now I had a bit of insurance money in my pocket and went by the farm and sure enough car was still beside the barn. Money was traded and I was now officially a mopar owner.

From this it lead to several more mopars, a 4 speed convertible I sunk huge dollars into, mopar friends and car clubs, and I haven't looked back since.

I find the people who are generally into mopars are usually not forged from the same stuff as the belly button chevy and ford guys are. We just look at the things differently and thrive off adversity, and take pride in doing more with less.
Working...
X