It started,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It started,,,

My grandpa had a 65 Custom Sports Special W200 318 4 spd. I never knew what it was till about 10 years ago.
    That truck would go anywhere. They packed an alaskan camper and towed a cj2a hunting and a handmade fiberglass 16ft boat fishing till he passed away in 1975, just prior to that he bought a 57d100 315 4 spd. I got that truck and it subsequently got totalled by a woman speeding thru an intersection that I had stopped at. I was 16. I am now 49 and 3 years ago I finally found a Cab and Chassis worthy of restoring it is a 57 D300 no engine or trans. or bed. or glass, I am going to need everything to load the doors so I will be here lots.
    I know it is not a Power Wagon but an old Dodge truck is an Old Dodge truck ,right?
    Glad to be a part of another forum.
    I am a career mechanic 30 years doing everything from heavy equipment to airport ground support vehicles.

Welcome and good luck with your restoration. The good news is there should be parts trucks out your way. I'm into the 57-60 Power Giants so drop by the Power Giant section of this forum. We're all here to help each other. Those 315's are peppy little motors as long as the exhaust manifolds don't crack. Take pictures as you go along and enjoy the journey Ron

Comment

Originally posted by typ4 View Post
      My grandpa had a 65 Custom Sports Special W200 318 4 spd. I never knew what it was till about 10 years ago.
      That truck would go anywhere. They packed an alaskan camper and towed a cj2a hunting and a handmade fiberglass 16ft boat fishing till he passed away in 1975, just prior to that he bought a 57d100 315 4 spd. I got that truck and it subsequently got totalled by a woman speeding thru an intersection that I had stopped at. I was 16. I am now 49 and 3 years ago I finally found a Cab and Chassis worthy of restoring it is a 57 D300 no engine or trans. or bed. or glass, I am going to need everything to load the doors so I will be here lots.
      I know it is not a Power Wagon but an old Dodge truck is an Old Dodge truck ,right?
      Glad to be a part of another forum.
      I am a career mechanic 30 years doing everything from heavy equipment to airport ground support vehicles.
      Yes, absolutely, Dodgers are welcome here.

Your grandfather's expeditions sound as if they were very interesting and fun. You have a great history there. Thanks for joining us.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
      X