How i got started with dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i got started with dodge

Everyone has an old (no,not the C word!) Chevy up here where i live in Milwaukie Oregon, The guys that don't have an old Chevy, Have an Old Ford, I felt justice needed to be served and had to bring a classic to milwaukie. My first Dodge was a 197? duster,it was given to me, i needed the front end for another rig, ripped it out, put it in and it was easier than some of the other swaps i did, when i had my 69 Dodge D100 with a 318, i loved it so much, i found another older model, it had an engine in it called a Max Wedge, yep, don't have it no more,in the mid 80's i had a Cordoba sold to me for dirt cheap, the cat was glowing, i straightened out the firing order, and drove it in the oil fields for 2 years, thanks Gene for the deal, any how that's how it started with me. I have not seen any of the 57 d100 ( i am told mine is a type 1) in Portland in my 12 years of living here. I am learning about my truck which is a daily driver, i have narrowed down the engine to being the 315 power dome with a 3 speed push button automatic and a 12 volt electrical system, it has the usual worn out front end parts and a leaking loadflite tranny. My wife and i love it, a new toy/project for us. It sits in the drive way next to the 87 d100 and the 02 Durango.

Well, you sound like a weird, screwball Dodge/Chrysler/Mopar nutcase to me. Welcome! Wish you lived closer so we could get together hah!

There's several possibilities on your engine, either a Polyshphere or a Hemi. The Poly has the scalloped lower edge on valve cover and Hemi has the big square covers with sparkplugs recesses in center of valve covers.

Chrysler had a 392" Fire-Dome Hemi ['57-'58] and a Dodge 354" Power-Dome Hemi ['57, usually called a Red Ram] available in addition to the 315 & 318 Poly. Not many trucks got the Hemi so you may have a real keeper there! Have a good time with it....

Comment

Working...
    X