Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing

So, my wife finds this thing while she's stalking national parks (just got a "new" truck and a new camper after a great trip borrowing a camper---national park tour here we come)......

So, it's a vintage car/truck trip. http://www.goingtothesunrally.org/pa...0we%20are.html

It gets me thinking...... Hmmm, pull my camper with my PowerWagon? We'd be the talk of the campground, in a 1948 FF PowerWagon.. Of course, the line of cars stuck behind us probably wouldn't be impressed. haha.

So anyway, does anybody do anything like that? I always thought it'd be cool to pull something "modern" with the old truck. My dad's Lund Pro-V was what I always had in mind, but our *brand* new camper would work too.

My truck isn't really ready for the task, but at some point I need to park the camper and park the truck in front and get some pictures.

Anybody else? What do you TOW? Pictures?

Originally posted by aeblank View Post
    So, my wife finds this thing while she's stalking national parks (just got a "new" truck and a new camper after a great trip borrowing a camper---national park tour here we come)......

So, it's a vintage car/truck trip. http://www.goingtothesunrally.org/pa...0we%20are.html

It gets me thinking...... Hmmm, pull my camper with my PowerWagon? We'd be the talk of the campground, in a 1948 FF PowerWagon.. Of course, the line of cars stuck behind us probably wouldn't be impressed. haha.

So anyway, does anybody do anything like that? I always thought it'd be cool to pull something "modern" with the old truck. My dad's Lund Pro-V was what I always had in mind, but our *brand* new camper would work too.

My truck isn't really ready for the task, but at some point I need to park the camper and park the truck in front and get some pictures.

Anybody else? What do you TOW? Pictures?
    I do on occasion tow a single axle 12' long flat deck trailer that weighs just under 3000 lb. when fully loaded. My '47 WDX with stock 230 engine, 4.89 gears, and 9.00x16 NDT tires hardly knows it is there. No noticeable difference between having the trailer behind me or 3000 lb. in the back of the truck, other than a load in the truck makes it squat a lot more.

I always thought one of those larger vintage teardrop trailers (not the little ones with the fenders, but the bigger ones with the tires under the larger body of the trailer, would look good behind a PW.

Comment

Working...
    X