Truck box applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck box applications

Hi all. I am resto modding my 1953 Power Wagon.
    The box is in rough shape so I'm deciding between replacing it or rebuilding it. The worst part about it is it has 3/8" diamond plate steel welded in over top of the original wood floor.
    I'm I Alberta Canada so I would imagine ordering an new after market box out if the US would cost me a fortune.

What other Dodge trucks used the same 8' box. Maybe I can find something to rebuild that's better than what I'm starting with.
    Attached Files

This is a 9' box I found. Could it just be cut down to work?
    Attached Files

Comment

That 9' bed looks like a lot of work also. Have you tried places like Vintage Power Wagons? You should also consider placing an Ad here and in the Power Wagon Advertiser. There are any number of people and businesses these days selling old power wagons and parts, don't give up to quick.
      David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGB View Post
        That 9' bed looks like a lot of work also. Have you tried places like Vintage Power Wagons? You should also consider placing an Ad here and in the Power Wagon Advertiser. There are any number of people and businesses these days selling old power wagons and parts, don't give up to quick.
        David
        My problem is that I'm in Canada. With the exchange rate and shipping it will cost a fortune to get one here from the U.S.
        The red 9' box is $200

Comment

The 9' (133" wheel base) can be cut for a 126" wheel base truck, but it's more than removing a foot off the end. You'd have to take a little out of the sides at both ends. It's been done, but you might find someone with an 8' to trade with..

Comment

Did you end up selling your original engine? I have 2nd series box sides that I would be interested in trading + cash for your engine. I was going to use them, but now it's looking like my project truck will be a 1950 PW with the 1st series box. Jake in Vernon, BC has new box sides in stock and some decent box sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
              Did you end up selling your original engine? I have 2nd series box sides that I would be interested in trading + cash for your engine. I was going to use them, but now it's looking like my project truck will be a 1950 PW with the 1st series box. Jake in Vernon, BC has new box sides in stock and some decent box sides.
              yes sorry, I sold all of my original driveline

Comment

Working...
              X