97 water in cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 water in cab

The 97 Laramie I just bought on a right turn poured water on the floor to the right of the SRS box. Water not antifreeze. I've only had it a week. Thanks

What is SRS box?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Check the drain for your A/C. If the line is plugged, water can back up and spill into the cab floor.
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        What is SRS box?
        Supplemental Restraint System....... airbag I think.

Bucky

Comment

Another place those cabs take in water is around the third brake light at the rear of the cab.

Comment

SRS safety restraint system on the lower middle floor, why oh,why did I use the acronym when I hate the use of them. Came back from my little trip to buy a RUBBER floor mat to replace the carpet, parked on my slab no condesation drip from the a/c. Will the drain be hard to find?
            Next install the rubber mat, find the drain then CAB LIGHTS
            Thanks guys

Comment

It may help to leave all mats out for a while to track where water runs.

Comment

Horace.
                Has the windshield been replaced? If it has not the urethane sealant may have hardened and may leak. Use a hose in the areas around the windshield.
                Rich Szklany

Comment

It comes out of a hole(vent) near the safety restraint box on the floor, it does not leave a puddle under it at idle. I think it is frome the a/c & how do i get to clear the drain which I don't see when I'm under it?

Comment

I found the drain, I think that was it. Water poured out, interesting places for chubby 60 plus people to get to.

Comment

Fix it forever

Fix the drain forever! The straight tube drain works fine as long as you always park with the nose pointed downhill. If you park the other way water exits the drain and runs back to the firewall. It enters the cab around the opening causing a nasty wet carpet. Best fix is 90 rubber hose installed on the straight tube drain. The elbow carries water away from the firewall preventing it from draining back into the cab. Something that should have been fixed long ago by the Dodge Boys LOL. Guess that rates right up there with a Cummins timing cover.

Comment

Working...
                      X