vin # on M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vin # on M37

does anyone know where to find the vin # on the frame? I cant seem to find it.

VIN Location

The VIN is stamped into the outside of the frame just foward of the driver's front wheel.

Comment

Vin # on M37

I have searched on both sides of the frame and have not come up with a vin #, anybody have any other ideas where it is, is it stamped in>

Comment

Vin # on M37

thanks for the help, i found it easily, right on the side of the frame in front of the driver side wheel like you said, thank you very much. I sent my 1953 M37 550 miles away to get refurbirshed and got back a 1951, dont know what happened to my truck.

Comment

Vin

You might inquire what happened because now you don't have the correct title for your truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
            You might inquire what happened because now you don't have the correct title for your truck.
            You really have nothing to worry about because these HMV's has keep their basic configuration. So in turn the police can't tell if you have a 19XX or a 19YY because the VIN is not linked to any data base except for your insurence company. Now unless your selling it to another HMV collector then yes it would need to be correct because he / she could pick up on the error. But for a Joe Smo from Kocomo would not know the differance either.

Later Joe

Comment

VIN location

I have 6 M37's, and its amazing the variances in the location and the actual numbers stamped on the frame. One of my 1953 trucks obviously had the glove box/body (with the data plate on it) changed, as it doesn't match the VIN on the frame (located in the normal location in front of the driver-side front wheel). My 1968 M37, only has part of the VIN stamped on the data plate "8022606".....and the VIN on the frame is on the PASSENGER-side, in front of the front wheel "2668022606". And it has 3 more numbers that preceed the data-plate VIN. I have another 1953 truck that is way out of whack! It has "one-too-many" numbers on the frame (missing data plate on glove box). The die stamped numbers all look original & correct......LOL....it was probably stamped late Friday, by a tired Dodge employee.
              [/SIGPIC]David Buehn (ex "bubble-head") US Submarine USS Tunny, APSS-282, 1968-69 Viet Nam.
              ROUGH & READY DODGE POWER WAGONS
              Specializing in WWII-Viet Nam era military and commercial Dodge trucks & parts
              WWII....WC-3, WC-12, WC-10, WC-53, WC-62, WC-15,
              1948 WDX and 1966 WM-300 Power Wagon[SIGPIC]
              1952 DODGE M37 ¾ TON TRUCK W/WINCH
              dbcolts@aol.com 714 310 9934, Indio, Ca.

Comment

Working...
              X