Glove Box Insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we are talking......

Thanks guys this puts it in perspective for me.

I like the addition of the 12+ power inside the box, I had a spare hole already in the console to plug so filled it with a 12+ power point, may double up in the box as well.

My basic measurements were about right. I still like the idea of it sloping back and down and I think I can achieve that.

I need to start drawing a pattern and will make from sheet steel or whatever I have kicking around.....

John

Comment

I have some templates that I took form the original cardboard. Rear is 11 1/8 x 5 side is 7 1/2 tapering to 5 1/2 x 12 1/2. Top fell behind the bench so you will have to be patient with me on those. looks like my measurements are pretty close to Matt's.

Comment

Thank you

It's all starting to coalesces into to similar dimensions.

I have chosen to make my glove box from stainless steel, reason; I have a sheet in the workshop.

I have made paper templates for each of the 6 sides and looking to either joint and weld or fold the corners.

As you may see on the LHS I have overlapped the bottom and the end at the bend this construction saves material and some welding.

I wanted the box to drop down at the back so fabricated the paper pattern to give me a drop that fits into the space.

I guess I have ended up with a custom design that fits my requirements but with your assistance changed the material and the thinking along the way.

JohnC

Comment

Glad we could help out, Thanks for sharing your project with us.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
          X