My 75 W600 in Kremmling, Colo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More pics from the seller

The weight (for road tax purposes?) was when it had 10' plow blade & sandspreader in bed.

Hoist has hydraulic ram & electric cable winch. Seller used the W600 to carry logs & building material, gravel, etc to rural homesite in the Co mtns.

Seller has owned this truck since 1997, so I am comfortable in his assertation about its condition/reliability.

Comes with a set of 4 snow chains. You don't run across those at yard sales much these days. HA

Bucky
    Attached Files

Comment

That had to have been one impressive truck back in its day. Especially all chained up. I'll bet there no place it couldn't go.

Be even more impressive with a Cummins 6BT in there.
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

The seller claims it will go anywhere, just not in a hurry...... Which is typical of Power Wagons anyways. I am curious to see how it differs in construction from my 66 W500. I know the steering is totally different as I believe the W600 has the box ahead of the axle & is power steering. W500 has the box behind front axle.

I only wish it were the longer 175" WB.....crew cab would be nice too, maybe later it will be.

Bucky

Comment

W600

Remember that most trailer weight ratings are Gross Wt. The weight rating includes the weight of the trailer as well as what is loaded onto it. The 10,000 lb. pull trailers usually weigh 3,000 lbs. or more by themselves. Gooseneck trailers are heavier, of course, but it is easy to find goosenecks in the 20,000 to 25,000 gross weight range.

Comment

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
            Remember that most trailer weight ratings are Gross Wt. The weight rating includes the weight of the trailer as well as what is loaded onto it. The 10,000 lb. pull trailers usually weigh 3,000 lbs. or more by themselves. Gooseneck trailers are heavier, of course, but it is easy to find goosenecks in the 20,000 to 25,000 gross weight range.
            Yes this, along with the extra width of the vehicle ruled out most bumper pull trailers. Matt has a gooseneck that will handle the job.

My 18' steel deck car hauler is just that, a car hauler. 3500# tandams minus 1800# trailer weight only gives me 5000 max to carry, if that.

Bucky

Comment

You lucked out to find a "turn key" that size and age.
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                You lucked out to find a "turn key" that size and age.
                Yes, the seller has had it since 97 & used it regularly, just not daily. Plus luckily he had the funds to do stuff like new brakes/t-case, but himself wasn't a tinkerer, so don't suspect there is much jerryrigging to undo.

I don't suspect those snow chains are still available off the shelf at Autozone either.

Bucky

Comment

Just looked it up on the map, I was in the "neigborhood" last year. Went through Granby on the way to Walden. Beautiful country.
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                    Just looked it up on the map, I was in the "neigborhood" last year. Went through Granby on the way to Walden. Beautiful country.
                    Had that truck been about 10" narrower & a tad lighter I would have been in that neighborhood this week. Last time I was very near there was 1978.
                    I did live in Pueblo in 74-75. Liked it alot!

Bucky

Comment

W600 is on its way!!!!

via mattsoldmopars & his gooseneck.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                        via mattsoldmopars & his gooseneck.

Bucky
                        Good deal! Get the camera ready; we want to see some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                          Good deal! Get the camera ready; we want to see some pics!
                          Its here!!!! Matt unloaded it from his trailer. I drove her home, once I found HI range on the t-case lol.

She's got a 5 speed !!!

More details & some pics by the end of the week.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                            good deal! Get the camera ready; we want to see some pics!
                            x2!
                            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Here's a few pics

Got it delivered. I have been working on wiring issues, had missing wires on rear of truck. I redid the whole sha-bang. Still have to get the parking brake tight enough to hold & the wiper linkage reconnected to pass Tx state inspection.

Runs good but the ol girl is probably wore & has low compression. Once I got the T-case unstuck from 4wd & everything oiled/greased its a alot more driveable. It has a Rockwell sideloader front axle (rear too ha) & power steering. Turns fairly easy. Visibilty is odd because of being so high up. The door handles are 69" from the ground.

Bucky
                              Attached Files

Comment

I removed the sideboards, but will hang onto them. Hoist has a #3500 capacity electric SuperWinch. Truck came with 4 tire snowchains & all related fasteners, plus two giant wide straps like what truckers use to secure their loads on flatbeds. Tires are Kelly-Springfield 10.00 X 20.00 with studs for snow/ice ( I actually needed these the past 2 Winters, but not in any of the preceding decades).

Truck originally had a Western 10' plow & a sand spreader. The underframe & blade were removed years ago. The controls & plow lift are still attached, but I may sell them if someone needs them. They do make the front of the truck look more "business" like.

Bucky
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X