'42 Dodge WC Parts and 1/2 ton Cab for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '42 Dodge WC Parts and 1/2 ton Cab for sale

I picked up a parts truck not too long ago and only bought it for a few select parts and largely out of curiosity that it might have been something very unique. What it turned out to be is a WC-51 frame with what appears to be an early closed cab mounted on it. It has the military shape dash and gauge holes, but the rest of the cab looks like a Civilian closed cab or 1/2 ton cab. It may just be a 1/2 ton cab but some guys on the WWII forums told me its something earlier.

All parts located in either Locust Grove, Va, (till Sept) or I can bring things to Chesapeake Va. and they can be picked up or shipped from here. My wife has access to a shipping brokerage firm so I can get quotes on some large things shipped via freight

Anyways... and shipping $ is on the buyer but I will ship if the item sells for a reasonable price.

Complete Engine, previous owner said he had it running in Feb by pouring gas in the carb. - or will sell various parts from it if desired.
    4 Speed, don't know if it works but the shifter moves and it feels decent.
    WC 3/4 ton Transfer Case -
    WC 3/4 ton Hood, w/ Hinges and latches
    Entire 1/2 Ton WC cab w/ doors -
    PTO Units (front and rear)
    Combat Wheels with a various condition tires
    Springs and hangars
    WC-51 frame, but has had the rear of it modified for a wrecker body in the past, however the serial number is there and legit. I may be able to get a title for it.

Or if someone wants the whole truck I can make a deal on that too once I pull some of my parts from it.

Feel free to email me at blackwaterfabrication@gmail.com and Gordon, I will get you an add here in the next few days. Thanks guys!

1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Carb Question

Hey Alexj64, What type of carb is it, Zenith?

Comment

Not 100% sure. I have only spent about 10 minutes physically looking at the truck, aside from making sure it stayed on my trailer. This weekend I have plans to retrieve it and start physically removing parts. I'll take a LOT of pictures when I get it down here in my yard as its currently being stored about 3 hours north of me at the family farm and I don't want to bother my grandfather with climbing up onto the trailer deck where its still sitting to take a gander at whats under the hood. This weekend I will know more about it. I supposedly have one guy who wants the motor already but I don't know if that includes the carb or not. We haven't come to any detailed agreement other than he will come look at it once I get it moved.

Comment

Carb & Combat Rim/Wheel ?

The three wheel/tires on the back of the frame, are they combat rims?
        Just where is Grampa's farm, I'm about three hours north of you also but in Richmond/Chesterfield?
        I might have answered my own question about the wheels, this rig is 1/2 ton, maybe a bit of difference between 1/2 & 3/4 ton?

Comment

The farm is in Orange County. Once I know what day this weekend that we are headed up that way if you feel like making the trip, you are welcome to come up there and look. Or if you want to meet us along the route home I can give you a call and we can do a "parking lot parts swap" if there is anything on there that you are interested in, ie the combat tires and wheels, etc. I keep saying WE because a friend is also hauling back an IH Loadstar 1600 that my grandfather is giving him.

I know that the top tire and wheel is a combat wheel and that there is a nice clean and freshly painted combat wheel attached to the truck that has the funky british tire on it, so thats two. I didn't even move the top one to see if the bottom two of the stack are also combat wheels. When it comes to half ton vs 3/4 ton... The truck is all sorts of mixed up. Its certainly a 3/4 ton frame as per the serial number, however the rear axles has the bolt on cover and the 3/4 ton axles under my WC53 (Actually out of a WC56) have the welded on cover. The dash of the closed cab is the same as my WC53 also, and I have been told that the cab is evidently an early T215 closed cab. Whatever that happens to be. The hood is from a WC53 or WC54 and is in good shape. The twin PTO stuff is throwing me off a touch though. The serial number says the truck is a WC51. I haven't measured the wheelbase though.

If you want to get ahold of me, feel free to email me at blackwaterfabrication at gmail dot com and I can send you my cell number that way too.

Comment

Wheels?

Sounds like a plan, I'll do that. Are you traveling 95 or 64, or both?
            TTYL,

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              Sounds like a plan, I'll do that. Are you traveling 95 or 64, or both?
              TTYL,
              Return trip is I-95 south From Fredericksburg to Ashland I-295 at Ashland to south of Mechanicsville, and then I-64 East towards Hampton Roads. If you give me a number I can call you when we are heading through Fredericksburg and give you an ETA on where ever we decide to meetup. Wherever it is should be somewhat open as we are using my friend's 40' Gooseneck. He drives for a living but that trailer is still a pain sometimes.

What parts are you interested in mostly?

Comment

Mostly the combat rims and maybe the carb, if it's a Zenith # 29. I sent you my #'s thru your blackwaterfab addy, did you get it?

Comment

Hey bruce, sorry we were so late on Saturday and weren't able to meet up. The tractor did everything except cooperate. Loading two decent sized trucks with a clutch-less farm tractor out in a field in the middle of nowhere proved to be quite a challenge.

Also, turns out I only have two combat wheels and one of the two is less than pretty with some broken ring bolts and the back side of the wheel is corroded from sitting face down and collecting water in the bead.

Also, the carb is a Carter and not a Zenith... :(

I did discover the truck has an old heater in it, which is something I overlooked before. It has a few newer parts on the motor and looks like it should run. I am going to pour some gas in the carb and toss a battery in it one evening this week and see if I can get it to run.

Here are a bunch of pictures from Today after we got it unloaded.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X