No announcement yet.

65 town wagon build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the modified fenders on and front bumper , then got the pig turned around to work on the back

Comment

went ahead and made a rear bumper from scratch since the original one was mangled

Comment

getting closer to firing up the engine , waiting on a fuel door kit to come in then i can put some fuel in the tank once thats done i can run the electrical and do a test fire

just enough clearance for the mechanical fan

Comment

still plugging away ,built the battery trays into the inner fenders, got the fuel lines and trans lines ran in stainless then pulled the engine to get resealed and painted . now just adding some steps and cleaning up the frame so i can get it powdercoated then re-assemble the drivetrain . also installed super short sye kit from jb conversion on the 241 dld

Comment

Comment

got the body pulled and frame stripped , powder coated and drive train re installed with fuel cell , fuel lines , trans lines and rear brake line
              got a set of 5100 for the front but may have to go with a 360/80 valving instead of the 255/70 or whatever off the shelf valving is

Comment

well got the exhaust pretty much finished up , the turn down is 4" diamond eye and was able to cut and piece from the muffler back using a stock exhaust i pulled from an 05 cummins at the jy .
                also lowered the chassis about 2" cause the rear driveshaft was close to maxed on the angle cause of how short it ended being

Comment

got all the stainless done for the heater tube and coolant lines for trans heat exchanger , just chipping away at it little by little

Comment

Looking real good, I'll look forward to seeing your progress.

Comment

Wow! That's looking great! It is a lot of fun to get that Cummins running and driving in the old trucks. Aren't you in CA? I have a 65 W200 I put a 12 valve and 5 speed in.

Comment

thanks guys , im out in Az

Comment

This truck will be a monster when finished.
                          1967 W200.aka.Hank
                          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

up and running
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnG3cyq72PA

Comment

Sweet, nice job. How's it drive?

Comment

Working...
                              X