Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265 Flathead Connecting Rod Bolts

Hi All,

I am working on a 265 flathead to transplant into my '49 Power Wagon. I am running into concerns with the connecting rod bolts, though. Several of them are beat up, and one in particular has damage that is more than I am comfortable with.

So I'd like to ask you guys if you, or someone you know, might have a spare 265 rod bolt, or a few bolts, that you'd be willing to part with. I'd like to at least find one to replace the worst-looking of the bunch that I have.

You can see what they look like in the attached photos. The type I have is flat on top of the head, and the head has a little bump sticking off the side, where it fits into a recess in the rod, which keeps it from rotating when tightening or loosening the nut.

Any help would be appreciated. These bolts are unique to the 265, and I've exhausted a lot of resources, and found that these bolts are just not to be had.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Attached Files

I have seen that exact bolt in the 251 also, I just don't have more than 2 or possibly 4 used ones in the yard.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
      I have seen that exact bolt in the 251 also, I just don't have more than 2 or possibly 4 used ones in the yard.
      Interesting that you have seen that bolt in a 251. I was under the impression that they were unique to the 265. I wonder if it looked like a 251, but was actually converted to a 265 by someone. My 251 has bolts that are much different from the 265. They look more like the bolts you find in 230's and also like the ones in modern engines.

If you know where the used 265 bolts are in your yard, I wouldn't mind getting at least one, or preferably more than one of them.

Thanks.

Comment

The camera on my phone is shot post Rally, it will take a bad fuzzy picture. I have maybe 10 of them I can come up with for you.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
          The camera on my phone is shot post Rally, it will take a bad fuzzy picture. I have maybe 10 of them I can come up with for you.
          That would be just fine. Not sure that I even need all 10, as some of mine do look ok, but if you can bear to part with them, I may take them all. That way, I can try to pick the best-looking ones from mine and yours.

Comment

Working...
          X