New tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires

My brakes are done. From new drums to rebuilding everything. It took three months to source all the parts(while battling three separate medical issues including a Black Widow bite). But the earthmover(I'm not kidding..these are tractor tires) tires are dry rotted(should be since they were manufactured in 1968) so I found these Tornel military style tires. You have seen them and wondered. 7.50-17. I wanted to show you what these tires look like and that there is an option for the D/W300 trucks if you have split rims with the retaining rings, or in my case, wanted to keep them to keep the truck as original as I found it. BTW...my wheels are not Budds. They are Kelsey Hayes.
    The Tornels are 10 ply bias tires and will be wider and taller(34 inches tall 9 inches tread wide) once they are mounted. Oh...they are DOT dated 2016 if you have to pass inspections.
    Hope this helps. I'll post a photo once the truck is back on the road so you can see what they look like. The Tornels are not as gnarly looking as the tractor tires but they should look great and perform way better. Yes...I am keeping the duallys. If for anything....they look cool.
    Once the check book cools down and reloads I'll start on the floor pan(you know who you are). I hope to have the truck at the Fall Fling in October entered in the truck section. All 5 of them next to the 70 Hemi Cudas and 69 Dodge Daytonas.
    Take care,
    Doug
    Attached Files

I will be looking forward to checking out your truck and meeting you at the Fling.
    Not sure I could possibly miss it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pismopowerwagon View Post
      I will be looking forward to checking out your truck and meeting you at the Fling.
      Not sure I could possibly miss it :)
      I look forward to meeting you Andy. If the truck isn't ready I'll bring my 69 Dart. 11.69@117 at Mopars at the Strip 2016. With an iron head built 340.
      Since my truck was originally baby blue with a white top I thought, some day down the road, I would have the truck painted its OEM color and tow my car to the strip.
      Lets see...from Torrance, CA to Las Vegas is 397 miles and the truck gets 7 miles to the gallon towing nothing. I should get there in two days and $375 worth of fuel(4 stops)....one way going 55 miles per hour. No A/C. No power steering. 10 leaf spring packs all around. So I'll need my kidney belt and a bunch of Alleve. And gallons of beer and a few shots of whiskey when I get there. Maybe I'll skip the beer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Dart.

Comment

Originally posted by solesurvivor View Post
          My brakes are done. From new drums to rebuilding everything. It took three months to source all the parts(while battling three separate medical issues including a Black Widow bite). But the earthmover(I'm not kidding..these are tractor tires) tires are dry rotted(should be since they were manufactured in 1968) so I found these Tornel military style tires. You have seen them and wondered. 7.50-17. I wanted to show you what these tires look like and that there is an option for the D/W300 trucks if you have split rims with the retaining rings, or in my case, wanted to keep them to keep the truck as original as I found it. BTW...my wheels are not Budds. They are Kelsey Hayes.
          The Tornels are 10 ply bias tires and will be wider and taller(34 inches tall 9 inches tread wide) once they are mounted. Oh...they are DOT dated 2016 if you have to pass inspections.
          Hope this helps. I'll post a photo once the truck is back on the road so you can see what they look like. The Tornels are not as gnarly looking as the tractor tires but they should look great and perform way better. Yes...I am keeping the duallys. If for anything....they look cool.
          Once the check book cools down and reloads I'll start on the floor pan(you know who you are). I hope to have the truck at the Fall Fling in October entered in the truck section. All 5 of them next to the 70 Hemi Cudas and 69 Dodge Daytonas.
          Take care,
          Doug
          Very interesting where did you find those tires and about how much. My '64 will need new shoes at some point. However the floor pans are next.

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
            Very interesting where did you find those tires and about how much. My '64 will need new shoes at some point. However the floor pans are next.
            The tires are $159.00 each and they only come in one size. You can buy them direct from Performance Plus Tire & Automotive in Long Beach, CA.

https://www.performanceplustire.com/

Or you can buy them via their ebay store and get free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORNEL-Tract...xX22P8&vxp=mtr

The photo in the ebay ad doesn't do the tire justice. That's why I posted a photo.

No matter how you purchase them you will want to deal with Fernando Delgado first. He will set you up with the innertubes and flaps and arrange the shipping details.

If you live close he will also make arrangements to have them mounted and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by solesurvivor View Post
              I look forward to meeting you Andy. If the truck isn't ready I'll bring my 69 Dart. 11.69@117 at Mopars at the Strip 2016. With an iron head built 340.
              Since my truck was originally baby blue with a white top I thought, some day down the road, I would have the truck painted its OEM color and tow my car to the strip.
              Lets see...from Torrance, CA to Las Vegas is 397 miles and the truck gets 7 miles to the gallon towing nothing. I should get there in two days and $375 worth of fuel(4 stops)....one way going 55 miles per hour. No A/C. No power steering. 10 leaf spring packs all around. So I'll need my kidney belt and a bunch of Alleve. And gallons of beer and a few shots of whiskey when I get there. Maybe I'll skip the beer.
              Beautiful Dart, I had my 340 Dart there also but not as nice as yours.

Comment

Not familiar with Tornel tires. How's their road performance so far?

Comment

Working...
                X