Dualmatic locking hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualmatic locking hubs

I bought another power giant and it had dualmatic locking hubs. I have been looking for information on the hubs. I was wondering what everyone thought of them. Are they worth cleaning up and trying to save? Where they stock to all power giants? Can you still get parts for them to rebuild? I just wanted to see what everyone thought of them. Thanks for your time.

I really like my Dualmatic hubs. Are your hubs the style with the big knobs like these, or are they the earlier ones with two flat levers? Neither was stock to Power Giants, but both are nice period correct aftermarket additions to a Power-Wagon. The ones with the knobs are very easy to operate but can snag on trees and rocks. However they do not have the inherent problems that the two lever ones have. I don't believe any parts are available anymore for either model. I feel both styles are worth saving.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mine have the 2 levers. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the hubs you have unless broken inside. The trick is cleaning the detent balls to get the levers out to engage the hubs. Once freed they work fine. I've cleaned them and paint the letters embossed in the levers with red paint. Let dry then sand off the surface of the levers.

Comment

Working...
        X