My Son, Lee Carter Davidson Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Son, Lee Carter Davidson Jr.

Died yesterday at home due to the heart condition WPW. I found him in his room when I went to check on him after not hearing anything from him for several hours and thought I had better see how he was doing. He had not been feeling well and wanted to go to bed which is where he was when found.

This is a shot of him from years ago when he helped recover the truck shown:

Thought I should let you folks know I will be out of touch for a while as we have a lot to.

Carter, I am very sorry for your loss. You will be in our thoughts in this difficult time.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

A Sad Day

Carter, I knew something was wrong, just didn't realize how bad it was! Please hold Sandi tight for us and stay busy. I saw the post & even before I opened it up, I was over-come with grief! Wish we were closer to y'all.
      Thoughts & Prayers,

Comment

Carter,

Sorry to hear of your loose. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

God Bless,
        Will
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

In our thoughts...

Sure am sorry to hear about your loss, Carter. I cannot imagine what you're going through. You are in our thoughts and prayers during this time.

Comment

So Very Sorry For Your Loss

Carter,
            I to know what it is like to lose a son. My son died 5-years ago due to congestive heart failure, he was only 26 years old with a wife and 2 kids.

It is written that children should not die before their parents.

Pauline & I will be saying a prayer for you before bed tonight.

Bob Hunt

Comment

My deepest condolances. I had a 6 month old grand-daughter pass 2 years ago. I can only guess how you are feeling, my mother knows because my brother was 18 when he passed. I understand the pain from a sudden death. My wife and I will pray for you and you family.

Comment

Carter, deepest sympathy to you and your family. We lost our 13 year old son Patrick in January of 2009. Like your son, he was my power wagon partner. My family will keep you guys in our prayers.

Gregg, Luann and Nicholas Morton

Comment

Thanks folks, we are encouraged to continue to overcome the sadness of this event.

Comment

Carter,
                    I am so sorry.
                    I am also a parent so I know the closeness that we have with our children, and can only imagine the anguish you have right now.
                    I am sure your son cherished the time he had with you enjoying the truck and other activities.
                    Sincerely,
                    Dave

Comment

Thank you PWA friends You are all so kind, your comments have greatly helped us appreciate what a fine group of friends we have here on this site and our hearts and prayers go out to those of you who have shared your mentioned sorrow of lost loved ones. A small club of survivors, that none of us wanted to join.

We are still in shock and we are going thru' what I call the "I remember when he did this" part of our accepance of this horrible series of tragic events. Services were Friday. We attended a large gathering, 40/50? yesterday. A little physical down time today but no freedom from remembering, he was with us 36 yrs and I have a lot to process so that I might stop having this on my mind 24/7 but to have it in that "special place or room in your mind" which can be visited regulary but not forced to live in all day, everyday.

Don't worry folks this will be the last pic of him posted here. Carter

Him in AZ

Comment

There is no need for this to be a last image. Act as your heart moves you. Your choice to open up to us has given us a more rich understanding of, and connection with, you and the full range of your life experience. Friends don't just share the fun. They also share the really hard stuff.

I think of my old friend Ken Marsh every day.

Peace.
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Carter,
                          I too appreciated your pictures of your son.
                          It is apparent that your son loved the outdoors, from the Confederate reenactor regiment to the picture from Arizona. Some of the most memorable times I have had with my sons have been in outdoor activities.

Comment

My sons and I camped many times locally as well as weeks at Tiadaghton State Forest, Pa where my Mother was born during the steam train logging days of the Pine Creek Valley.

Comment

truck parts or human hearts, we are here for you Carter!

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                              There is no need for this to be a last image. Act as your heart moves you. Your choice to open up to us has given us a more rich understanding of, and connection with, you and the full range of your life experience. Friends don't just share the fun. They also share the really hard stuff.

I think of my old friend Ken Marsh every day.

Peace.
                              Carter, I agree with Gordon. Posting pics may be part of the healing. While this is a truck forum, its also a human forum. I have been here only a few short years but I pick up on the comradery, the laughter, the "brotherly love" if you will that exists between the members here. Trucks were what brought all of us here, but it goes beyond that I sense.

Many of you may be veterans. Veterans share something that non vets don't. Same goes for mothers, cancer patients, adoptees..... and people who have lost children, no matter what their age.

Let the friendships you have developed here on the PWA sites stand beside you in your time of grief. In time you will be able to function w/o living "with this on your mind 24/7", but for now share as much or has little about your son as your heart leads you. We are here for you (and each other), whether it be business as usual Power Wagon stuff or something much more intimate as this.

My condolenses to your family. Your are in my thoughts & prayers. May you find comfort & peace!

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                              X