Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belt-dirven accessories for B series Cummins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt-dirven accessories for B series Cummins?

I'd like to find a way to mount an AC compressor above the alternator on a 4bt. Does anybody sell a bolt-on kit?

I can't use the low AC mount like, Dodge 6bt, because it interfears with the 4bt engine mount.

Photos of my conversion are posted at www.imageevent.com/shaggy/biodiesel

Originally posted by Don in Missouri View Post
    I'd like to find a way to mount an AC compressor above the alternator on a 4bt. Does anybody sell a bolt-on kit?

I can't use the low AC mount like, Dodge 6bt, because it interfears with the 4bt engine mount.

Photos of my conversion are posted at www.imageevent.com/shaggy/biodiesel
    Cummins offers a bracket for a small Sandon compressor, mounts with 3 bolts on the front end of the head right beside the front valve cover. I see that location is vacant on your pictures. They also offer a "V" pulley that mounts in front of the fan drive pulley to drive the compressor.

Comment

Don
      Years ago when I put the 6BTA in my K30 I made a mount from flat steel that bolted to the top of the head
      went out and down around the timing cover edge were the ID plate is and bolted back to the lower corner of the block.
      Then welded two pipes crosswise for the ac mount.
      This was all done on the left side(driver) of the engine.
      4bt has same holes.
      Then Cummins has a fan pulley with a second "V" pulley in front of the serpentine pulley,to run the compressor.
      Sorry I have no part number anymore.
      TGP
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Charles, is the mounting location you refer to also on the driver's side?

Comment

Originally posted by Don in Missouri View Post
          Charles, is the mounting location you refer to also on the driver's side?

Just to the drivers side of the front valve cover on top of the head. You will notice 3 threaded holes there. This is the stock Cummins location for the A/C compressor, Cummins furnishes the correct bracket for mounting a couple of different brands of compressors.

Comment

Working...
          X